favorite romance gender poll

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum

what kind of romance you prefer?

You may select up to 4 options

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: favorite romance gender poll

Post by jack1974 »

I think right now reflects the fact that I have many yuri expansion/versions of my games. But still, I have many BxG games as well. No surprise there though, for RPGs there's much more interests from males, but for VNs or dating sims it seems that I was right when I posted months ago in my blog that males (in general of course) don't like to read and prefer other kind of games.
Anyway, is still early, will be interesting to see after 6 months or after 1000 votes :)
Fearsome
Young scout

Post by Fearsome »

Jack isn't doing exploitation yuri, it's actually sweet storylines, real romantic scenarios.
It's not geared towards *men*'s fantasy, it's just the story of two characters, falling in love.

And that's why Jack's yuri is so incredible and on my top list of wants and needs.

It's in it's way, even MORE girl friendly and off standard than Yaoi, as I've never seen an English translated game that had that.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Fearsome wrote:Jack isn't doing exploitation yuri, it's actually sweet storylines, real romantic scenarios.
It's not geared towards *men*'s fantasy, it's just the story of two characters, falling in love.
Thanks, I guess that having mostly female writers (at least for the published games) helps a lot :mrgreen:
Fearsome
Young scout

Post by Fearsome »

Yep, that helps but the writers you do have are also very GOOD writers. <3
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, is obvious that are good! 8) but I meant for the writing perspective. Though I have to say that even the yuri scenes of Roommates I've read so far are very nice and similar to the ones you see in the other games as style.
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

jack1974 wrote:
Fearsome wrote:Jack isn't doing exploitation yuri, it's actually sweet storylines, real romantic scenarios.
Thanks, I guess that having mostly female writers (at least for the published games) helps a lot :mrgreen:
I do feel that it helps a lot, I'm sure some guys out there might be able to pull it off, but for the most part men writing otome or yuri content just doesn't come out the same way.

Sadly most but not all yuri content I've seen available for sale from stores, has been made by men for men, so you really stand out from the crowd in that regard Jack.
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

I agree. Thank you Jack. Most of the games (Example:from bioware/EA) that have Yuri content have this issue, and as a lesbian, it really makes me dissapointed, but your games were both caring and very respectful to any girl who enjoyed or at least tried to play a Yuri path. So thank you again for being inclusive and to make such beautiful stories with such different characters.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, but most of the merit is of the writers, I just give suggestions but they do the "magic" :)
MacMac
Young scout

Post by MacMac »

tbh, I can get into everything but otome games for some reason. :lol:
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

Voted for BxB ;) Simply, because I LOVE it! If there's no other choice, then GxB will do as well. Sometimes I also play BxG, but GxG does nothing for me, sorry.