My games on Android

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: My games on Android

Post by jack1974 »

Join the group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum ... es-testing for the testing (don't want to post the URL in public forum).
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

My current android phone runs 4.0 (ICS) and is 4.3" with a qHD display. My old one, which still works, runs 2.2 (Froyo), and is 3.6" with a WVGA display. I'll probably get one of those big Galaxy Note 3 5.7" phablets with a 1080p display next, after they come out in October. I don't have a device that is 7" or larger. Jack, is there a minimum dp width or pixel density requirement to play Loren on android? If so, what is it?

EDIT: Oops, forgot Honeycomb was 3.0, ICS is 4.0.
Last edited by P_Tigras on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well is not much about the game, but about the size of the buttons in the interface, even if I tried to enlarge them - the game will run on any device size, but I think then the game might be unplayable :oops:
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

P_Tigras wrote:My current android phone runs 4.0 (ICS) and is 4.3" with a qHD display. My old one, which still works, runs 2.2 (Froyo), and is 3.6" with a WVGA display. I'll probably get one of those big Galaxy Note 3 5.7" phablets with a 1080p display next, after they come out in October. I don't have a device that is 7" or larger. Jack, is there a minimum dp width or pixel density requirement to play Loren on android? If so, what is it?

EDIT: Oops, forgot Honeycomb was 3.0, ICS is 4.0.
Playing the game on my galaxy 1200( http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsun ... lar_id7368) and it works like a charm, especially with the slightly larger fonts(Thanks Jack).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool, I think will be releasing the game then, since testing seems to have gone well :)
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Hey Jack, I have a question that has been bothering me: Since you said that your games on android are censored, does games like Spirited Heart/Heileen/whatever that have Yuri/GxG romances even exist? I mean, Planet Stronghold is ok, no changes whatsoever on the GxG romance, but there's even a GxG option in games like Spirited Heart on Android? I ask this because I did't see a GL edition like in the official website, so I'm really confused... Help me out, please??? :(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, the Spirited Heart version for Android has both romances so includes the GxG. In that case since there isn't any graphic nudity was OK :)
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Ok! I played the game just fine on my galaxy sII lite. However, I have another question, in regards to the censored Loren version. Why don't you put on the winter wolves web site the normal version for the Android? Since google is so exaggerated with their censorship, those who still wanted to play the game in their Androids wouldn't have to pay only for the censored version. Keep the censored version in google and make avaible in the web site the complete version. Problem solved! XD but its only a suggestion and I dont know if its pratical or anything. Just my two cents.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Right now is not very practical because there are still many problems with Android (3120938120 different devices and the OS not really great) so it requires a lot of support and wouldn't be a good move for me (if I do support all day I can't work on new games). Also some people don't know how to install APK, and some devices are locked so you CAN'T install APK.
Anyway yes, the future is probably that, I think in a few years the various support issues should reduce since Android platform itself will be more mature and I'll be able to do that. Maybe give it as bonus download for people who buy the desktop version, even if honestly don't know how people can play the games on those devices, is really a pain for me :lol: (I understand if you have to do long commutes, in that case is cool to have).
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

So how is Loren running on android these days? I have a Nexus 6 phablet which is as smooth as butter, so I'm curious.