poll about replacing art/artists in games

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum

what would you be more willing to accept?

You may select 1 option

View results

Pace675
Druid

Re: poll about replacing art/artists in games

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:57 pm Haha yes that game has the most different art styles! Yet not many people complained about it. At least that I know of. But personally I find it very jarring myself as well. In CL for example there are 3 artists actually, the original one, the one who did the customizable portraits (same artist of PSCD manga) and another one who did the bonus CGs. You CAN notice the difference, but it's not so much like in Spirited Heart otome/yuri for sure.
Well, I think most people played one genre or the other, otome version OR the yuri version. I only saw the yuri version so I did not even notice XD...

I am now kind of curious about who played both versions of the game and if they thought that the clash was bad?
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

I honestly didn't even notice the difference.

(Hopefully somewhat) related note, when will there be the male version of that, Jack? :)
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

BobTheMob wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:58 am (Hopefully somewhat) related note, when will there be the male version of that, Jack? :)
If I remember correctly, the protagonist is female correct? So how can you be asking for a male version? That would be an entirely different game! And Jack has clearly stated no "new games" for a few years while he clears out his backlog.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

He was referring to the sequel I think! But I will first finish all the announced/work in progress game. For SH2 I don't even have the art finished, and when the time comes I'll need to think what to do, because having a male+female game, with ALL romance combos, and 6 romance characters... nope. I think at least I'll reduce the number of romances to 3 or 4 or make some bisex to avoid going nuts and making another 250k+ game again :lol:
vultureblade
Young scout

Post by vultureblade »

I think it's fine to replace art for the minor characters, but major and reoccurring characters should have the same artist. Otherwise it just looks weird.
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

jack1974 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:04 am For SH2 I don't even have the art finished, and when the time comes I'll need to think what to do, because having a male+female game, with ALL romance combos, and 6 romance characters... nope. I think at least I'll reduce the number of romances to 3 or 4 or make some bisex to avoid going nuts and making another 250k+ game again :lol:
I think a good strategy would be to release each game for each kind, like if someone wants only the otome romances it would be one dlc, if someone wanted the yuri romances, would be another combo, and etc, and you could take the time with each of them. However, everyone knows that making some if not all characters bisex would get things way faster or to just not make the game as elaborated as it was supposed to be, because we all know the problems that could appear under such conditions.

For now, the best option would be to lay this game on the fridge and focus on the others that are better developed than it, at least until those games are all done and you can catch your breath. :oops:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes besides SH2 is not even in active development. I made a thread about the games I'm working on now. Everything else is on hiatus/paused.
After this year games will work on PS2, Loren 2 and Undead Lily. Then after those are done (probably in 3-4 years) we'll see. I might do some smaller games to catch breath but in any case I'll never announce again a game unless it's almost done.