Tooltip PB with Lightning Reflexes Skill

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
Quaesitrix
Young scout

Tooltip PB with Lightning Reflexes Skill

Post by Quaesitrix »

Hello,

I finally managed to reach another level up (so slow... or is it that I'm wasting too much time gathering money too buy all the outfits?... Sorry mum, but that corset looked too nice and I could not resist... But don't worry, we'll come get you after our shopping spree :lol:).
Anyway, I got the Lightning Reflexes skill for Thalia, after an agonizing half hour trying to decide between that skill and Frenzy (not many skill points to use so I am always worried I'll waste one in a skill I won't use... By the way, I wonder how many skill points you have by the end without much grinding?).

In battle, I noticed that whenever I use the skill, or when enemies do, the buff icon is that of Frenzy, the buff name indicates Frenzy too, and the description is that of Lightning Reflexes.
"Frenzy. The character's critical hit and attack are increased by 1 each turn for the duration of effect."
It is rather confusing...
I checked and the attack and critical numbers do go up each turn, so it seems the problem is only in the icon and text of the tooltip (or however you call that thing). I do not have Frenzy so I could not check if the description in battle is correct, though.

Also, Lightning Reflexes is supposed to work for "the next three turns".

But in practice, it only works for the next 2 turns :
Turn 0 : Activate the skill, Counter = 3, Attack +1 and Crit +1
Turn 1 : Counter = 2, Attack +2 and Crit +2
Turn 2 : Counter = 1, Attack +3 and Crit +3
Turn 3 : Counter reaches 0 and buff disappears.

While according to the description, it should be :
Turn 0 : Activate the skill, (maybe put Counter = 4?)
Turn 1 : Counter = 3, Attack +1 and Crit +1
Turn 2 : Counter = 2, Attack +2 and Crit +2
Turn 3 : Counter = 1, Attack +3 and Crit +3
Turn 4 : Counter reaches 0 and buff disappears.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Tooltip PB with Lightning Reflexes Skill

Post by jack1974 »

Ah lol, since I changed/tweaked the skills many times, it could just be (as you said) a wrong icon/name. Each skill can be associated to an effect, so maybe I correctly named the skill, but I still used an old name for the effect (the small icon that gets displayed near the portrait to indicate that this effect is active).
For the counter, I'll check: could be a wrong value as you said, but could also be that in a particular battle, Thalia is so fast that after using the skill, it's again her turn to move. This is confusing, but correct, and it's a limit of the current RPG framework, since doesn't have a real "timer" so such things could happen (especially if a skill has a very short delay, and the character is very fast compared to the others).
Thanks for teh feedback, I'll take a look now :)
Quaesitrix
Young scout

Post by Quaesitrix »

I think I forgot to mention it, but it was on the android version.
Also, when I meant that the icon was wrong, I didn't mean the first icon, on which I click to activate the skill, but the other one which appears on the portrait to show which buffs are active.

And no problem, I have a chronic error reporting syndrome. Maybe I should see a psychiatrist about it someday :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes thanks I found it and fixed. But on mobile I'm not doing an update for such a minor thing (updating games on mobile is such a pain...).