Queen Of Thieves beta 1.0.3 (new achievements)

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 1.0.2 (new achievements)

Post by jack1974 »

Haha good thing that I increased the XP before the Steam release. The only negative aspect people are finding about the game is the amount of "grinding" :mrgreen:
I think they are judging badly though, if you go in the Mercenary area, you level up rather fast. Also if you pick/stumble in the right boss fight.
For sure though this will be my first and last game with "randomized missions". Even if in the Dingirra game there will be random ones, they'll be completely optional, and you'll only need to do the main plot missions.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Playing in VN mode, there were two places where I still got XP and leveled. The first was in Catacombs lv2 after answering the second riddle, the second one is when you appeal to Yenna's feelings during the 25K robbery mission.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Don't you hate it when that happens?

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha what you mean? you don't like those two characters? :lol:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Four questions about the steam release:

1. I thought romances provided a buff? I romanced Tharjalla and Melvin but haven't seen anything about buffs.
2. Why am I unable to replay the Arianna scene? Or at least see the bg image for it?
3. When are the achievements on steam going to be unlocked? I have three in my gallery but none on steam. If I'm stuck playing on steam, at least it'd be nice to show off achievements.
4. Speaking of steam, when are you going to update the non-steam version with the exp changes and bug fixes?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

1. copy-pasting from game code because I'm lazy (well because I spent the morning coding UL stuff so I'm tired):
Therjalla: "You can now buy all items at the Temple with a permanent discount of 50%!"
Melvin: "All the information about the new targets discovered in the robbery screen are instantly revealed!"
2. Which scene do you mean ? there are several (interrogation, fighting against the sisters, etc)
3. In the gallery there's a button called "Synch Achievement", maybe try that, it should work :)
4. I was planning to do it next week just in case. Updating on Steam means running a patch = 5s = done. Updating on my site means rebuilding the game for 3 different OSes, codesign all the 3 exes, test, upload in dropbox, grab links from dropbox to the 2 servers :lol: that's why I prefer to update on my site when I'm 100% certain I won't need to repeat this process just for 3 lines of code changed :oops:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Also on Steam the game is "exposed" to more people so I can get some unexpected feedback, like an user who didn't understand that you could do the Nobles/Mercenaries missions anytime (he thought they were "greyed out" and unavailable) :lol:
So I'm thinking to add some better tutorial explanation or something to fix this.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:1. copy-pasting from game code because I'm lazy (well because I spent the morning coding UL stuff so I'm tired):
Therjalla: "You can now buy all items at the Temple with a permanent discount of 50%!"
Melvin: "All the information about the new targets discovered in the robbery screen are instantly revealed!"
I got neither of these. Nor am I actually receiving the buffs. Is there another scene after the CG scene? Haven't found either character to talk to them.
2. Which scene do you mean ? there are several (interrogation, fighting against the sisters, etc)
The sexy milf one. I can view the scenes for all the romance ones, but not this one.
3. In the gallery there's a button called "Synch Achievement", maybe try that, it should work :)
Tried this, but the Confirm button is all greyed out. Doesn't seem to be doing anything.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I have added a messagebox that will show after 15 days in the robbery screen, is the English OK? I wrote:

Code: Select all

show screen MsgBox(msg="Remember that you can explore also the Nobles and Mercenaries areas by clicking on the buttons on top-right, and then choosing Explore to reveal new targets. Mercenaries are particularly good to make XP fast!",msgtitle="Different Targets")
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha got your post while was doing mine. Yes after the romance CG, the characters show up again once more. It happens automatically after some days, usually when you're back from a robbery.

I will link that achievement to displaying Arianna sexy MILF image :wink:

Regarding the Synch, you obviously need to use it from the Steam version (since the game needs to be "connected" to Steam to synch the achievements). I just tried here and works :)