in which mode did you play the game?

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm

in which mode did you play the game?

You may select 1 option

View results

Jaeger
Druid

Re: in which mode did you play the game?

Post by Jaeger »

jack1974 wrote:For QoT, if I could go back in time I would have done more story-based robbery missions, and some optional randomized ones on the side, but not like it is now. Sadly it was already too late and would have required too much work :oops:
Well something to remember for future games, no randomized missions. Of course SOME people liked it, but I think the majority didn't.
Random missions are not necessarily a bad thing. It's just there are not enough variety or complexity within the robbery missions to want to do them repeatedly. Unfortunately, you don't have much of a choice given the relatively large money quota for amount earned in a mission.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes the problem is that with this VN/RPG system it's not possible to have enough variety. I made a lot of rooms and stuff, with random outcomes (so same room could have different ones) but even when I started playtesting myself I noticed there wasn't enough variety, but simply because the system couldn't work well. There are over 60 different rooms, with about 40-45 of them having at least 3 variations, but that wasn't enough...
vultureblade
Young scout

Post by vultureblade »

I played in RPG mode. I think both the combat system and exploration on the map were quite fun!

The problem was the tediousness of grinding enough gold to move on to the next part of the story. But I wouldn't have minded seeing these systems in more of a story-driven game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes no more randomized missions in my future games :)
Andor83
Young scout

Post by Andor83 »

I played the RPG mode. One of the best roleplay games ever. i wish qot 2 is upcomming.