in which mode did you play the game?

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills

in which mode did you play the game?

You may select 1 option

View results

Jaeger
Druid

Re: in which mode did you play the game?

Post by Jaeger » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:45 am

jack1974 wrote:For QoT, if I could go back in time I would have done more story-based robbery missions, and some optional randomized ones on the side, but not like it is now. Sadly it was already too late and would have required too much work :oops:
Well something to remember for future games, no randomized missions. Of course SOME people liked it, but I think the majority didn't.
Random missions are not necessarily a bad thing. It's just there are not enough variety or complexity within the robbery missions to want to do them repeatedly. Unfortunately, you don't have much of a choice given the relatively large money quota for amount earned in a mission.

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: in which mode did you play the game?

Post by jack1974 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:00 am

Yes the problem is that with this VN/RPG system it's not possible to have enough variety. I made a lot of rooms and stuff, with random outcomes (so same room could have different ones) but even when I started playtesting myself I noticed there wasn't enough variety, but simply because the system couldn't work well. There are over 60 different rooms, with about 40-45 of them having at least 3 variations, but that wasn't enough...