Queen Of Thieves official release v 1.0.1

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Queen Of Thieves official release v 1.0.1

Post by jack1974 »

Game info and purchase: http://winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm

The game today is officially out. I want to thank everyone who helped testing it, reported typos, helped with balancing issues, or even sent me code suggestion/fixes by email (yes, that happened too! :lol:)

I made a blog post about it today: blog/2016/09/queen-of-thieves-now-officially-out/

I must admit feels good to finally release this game, and while of course the game isn't perfect, I'm happy about the result :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Re: Queen Of Thieves official release v 1.0

Post by BobTheMob »

Is there a link anywhere for those of us who purchased the beta to download this version? :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes in the game page, I put the "usual" installers (the link is in first post).
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Forgive my being a noob, but which link is that? (Sorry! :oops: )

(I ask since they all say about payment as far as I can tell...)
erdbeere
Young scout

Post by erdbeere »

@BobTheMob
Just download the version you need from the 3 versions below "or download the free demo". When you open the game, you can click on "Register" and input your e-mail or activation code. This will give you access to the full game.
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

erdbeere wrote:@BobTheMob
Just download the version you need from the 3 versions below "or download the free demo". When you open the game, you can click on "Register" and input your e-mail or activation code. This will give you access to the full game.
Thanks. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Queen Of Thieves official release v 1.0.1

Post by jack1974 »

I just uploaded version 1.0.1 (new downloads in the game page as usual) fixing the gallery crash bug :)
erdbeere
Young scout

Post by erdbeere »

I got an error while trying to save:
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 357, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <class 'store.Restore2'>: it's not the same object as store.Restore2

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Queen Of Thieves\renpy\ast.py", line 805, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Queen Of Thieves\renpy\python.py", line 1641, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Queen Of Thieves\renpy\ui.py", line 278, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Queen Of Thieves\renpy\display\core.py", line 2496, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Queen Of Thieves\renpy\display\core.py", line 3172, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Queen Of Thieves\renpy\display\layout.py", line 928, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Queen Of Thieves\renpy\display\layout.py", line 928, in event
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Queen Of Thieves\renpy\display\screen.py", line 646, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Queen Of Thieves\renpy\display\layout.py", line 204, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Queen Of Thieves\renpy\display\layout.py", line 204, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Queen Of Thieves\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 868, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Queen Of Thieves\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 803, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Queen Of Thieves\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 302, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 357, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Queen Of Thieves\renpy\loadsave.py", line 281, in save
    dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Queen Of Thieves\renpy\loadsave.py", line 43, in dump
    cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <class 'store.Restore2'>: it's not the same object as store.Restore2

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.1757
Queen Of Thieves 1.0.0
It happened on a robbery mission in a nobles house after fighting snakes. When I tried to save and clicked on a save spot, I got this error. But when I loaded an earlier save file and fought the snakes, the error didn't occur.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Uhm, I have no idea what could cause this. It's the first time I see it, will ask Ren'Py coder since I think might be the new Ren'Py version doing it.
Did you continue an old savegame perhaps ? or was a new game started from scratch?
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Sorry if I seem like a noob again :oops: , but if I fully delete the old version would have any effect on the downloading of 1.0.1; as in, would I need to pay for 1.0.1?

I ask since I want to keep disk space available on my comp.