Queen Of Thieves beta 0.8.7

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
Alex81
Woods ranger

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.7.3

Post by Alex81 »

>_> Still running 0.6.7 , should I download 0.7.3 now, or is 0.7.4 -just- around the corner?
Would love to download now, -but- have to use phone => limited data , would rather not download the entire client twice in two days
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.7.3

Post by jack1974 »

I am waiting for the final main menu, artist said should make it before end of month. Anyway, tomorrow will do another update since I checked the changes I have done and there are some important ones (to fix some potential bugs in vendors for example). So please wait 8-9h and I should do version 0.7.4 even if I don't have the main menu yet :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.7.4

Post by jack1974 »

Voilà, just made the 0.7.4 update. The next one will have the official main menu, but I don't think too many changes to gameplay (except any potential bugs left).
reader
Young scout

Post by reader »

Thanks for the new game. A bit confused over the equipment and clothing options. You can buy new: hats, boots, etc for each character. But believe it is mentioned that there isn't really a stat improvement for these. The weapons comparison for sale items to current inventory didn't appear to be large improvements either. The former guard sister can get a weapon that is indicated to be a good improvement over her existing weapon. But didn't see what was offered as being an improvement for the other 2 sisters. Am I not following the indicated weapons value being sold properly? Also, the witch sister collects some item left after the eyeballs fight. She says that she could sell this, but I haven't been able to sell it or see it in the inventory. Is this a bug or is there not the opportunity to sell this item?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes the armors don't have stats themselves but you can put gems in them (I think this is explained in the game?).
Each vendor sells stuff for each sister: the blacksmith for Kira, at the docks for Joanne, and fredrick for Thalia. The stats in this game are on a smaller scale but the weapons are different, there are some which are faster, other that give more damage, then 2 "super" weapons that have overall higher stats.
I don't remember what they get in the eyeball fight, but if it's a potion I need to change the texts, since from the last update you can't resell usable items (potions or bombs). Everything else can be sold instead.
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

This might be only on my comp, but when trying to use a potion in the first battle none of them were coming up...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I just tried and works. If you haven't equipped them in the screen before the robbery mission, this could happen though. I think maybe it could also happen if you do the pickpocketing and get caught. But apart those two specific cases, it should work :)
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

Never remembered my former user or mail address again - but hey! Random user names FTW!

A few unsorted annotations:

Catacombs - that the consumables' inventory is reset bugs me, it's one unnecessary micro-management step.

Military - 6 or so duels in a row in one room. As it was tedious/boring this was the first and only time I chose one of those robbing missions.

Nobles - Vault exchange flavour text should be only displayed once, as the room is often passed multiple times while exploring

Warrior's Blessing - feels very weak, 10% barely settles one of nearly all anti effects (bleeding, poison, freeze, ...)

Backstab - very/too powerful (cheap, fast, -4 armour is _significant_)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The consumables doesn't reset in robbery, but only in catacombs? I think might be a bug then, I can't remember a reason why I wanted to keep it that way only for catacombs :)

The military scene with duel happens once, if you mean the fighting pit with the dogs, there are 3 combats in sequence. Anyway that's a common problem of all robbery missions, what I've learned from this game is to NEVER have randomized RPG combat anymore. I had made like 50 different rooms, with a lot of randomized variants (one time the thieves could flee, another could counter attack, another time again a ghost would appear, etc). But it doesn't matter the amount, because since it's randomized, there's the chance the player will see maybe the same event 2-3 times in a row and be annoyed :oops: Unfortunately nothing I can do to change this right now :(

Regarding Warrior's Blessing and Backstab, will do some tests and maybe tweaks :) thanks
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

jack1974 wrote:The consumables doesn't reset in robbery, but only in catacombs? I think might be a bug then, I can't remember a reason why I wanted to keep it that way only for catacombs :)
Every time one buys an adventurer package the inventory is reset.
jack1974 wrote:The military scene with duel happens once, if you mean the fighting pit with the dogs, there are 3 combats in sequence.
I mean the duels with The Shakal, The Dark, The Killer (invented names, forgot the real ones) - multiple times in one military mission, even in the same room. I think I may have save games somewhere if you're interested.
jack1974 wrote:But it doesn't matter the amount, because since it's randomized, there's the chance the player will see maybe the same event 2-3 times in a row and be annoyed :oops: Unfortunately nothing I can do to change this right now :(
while randomizing the mission create a list of already chosen rooms and if the Random Number God is in bad mood and creates a given room multiple times throw the result out of the window in invoke the generator again.

and one more thing:
it is cruel (CRUEL!) to allow paralyze and chained effects with a duration of one round. either make the lower limit two rounds or define 1 turn as a misfire (i.e. no effect)