Queen Of Thieves beta 0.8.7

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills
Post Reply
User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 12983
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.8.5

Post by jack1974 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:53 pm

Haha OK good!

myoksy
Woods ranger
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.8.5

Post by myoksy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:53 am

The pre-combat screen describes the effect of an ambush as "double speed", this is not the case anymore according to your change log. It would be better to use "<party/enemies> can attack first" or so.

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 12983
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.8.5

Post by jack1974 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:13 am

Yes good idea will change it!

myoksy
Woods ranger
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.8.6

Post by myoksy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:53 pm

new version, new nit-picking : D

if the party has to fight the alchemist in merchant houses she calls guards (or guards hear the explosion, I think those are the two outcomes with a fight) - but I remember only encounters with dogs.

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 12983
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.8.6

Post by jack1974 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:32 pm

They're guard-dogs! :) haha OK will check that. Of course I won't do an update just for this, so will wait more days before doing one in case something else shows up.

myoksy
Woods ranger
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.8.6

Post by myoksy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:22 pm

you asked for more reports? sure, no problem :

Robbery Screen: Why is the only exit an "ends day"? A "go back to map" knob would be appreciated.

Mad Inventor: The first few times are fun, later .. not so much. The main issue is the complete game of chance (I presume?), it would be great if the chars could learn about mistakes ("hey! I recognize this trap!") - but this would mean a global store of states and I don't know if this would worth the implementation time.

Snake Pit: Loosing the fight does not end the robbery directly - it is possible to explore the room completely.

Magic Shield (or how it's called?) and Sparks: Enemy had three rounds of the mirror buff thingy and one spark treatment disabled the buff completely. Should this be the case?

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 12983
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.8.6

Post by jack1974 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:51 pm

myoksy wrote:you asked for more reports? sure, no problem :
If are real bugs or good improvements, sure. Apart this, no time for it since want to release the game this month :)
myoksy wrote: Robbery Screen: Why is the only exit an "ends day"? A "go back to map" knob would be appreciated.
This doesn't matter, since there's no timer/deadline. You can go back to the map the day after :wink:
myoksy wrote: Mad Inventor: The first few times are fun, later .. not so much. The main issue is the complete game of chance (I presume?), it would be great if the chars could learn about mistakes ("hey! I recognize this trap!") - but this would mean a global store of states and I don't know if this would worth the implementation time.
Yeah not worth it.
myoksy wrote: Snake Pit: Loosing the fight does not end the robbery directly - it is possible to explore the room completely.
Yes, I noticed this mysefl while testing last night. I think though that would work: if the sisters escape jumping out of the pit (Thalia uses a rope or something, I don't remember) the snakes can't climb so they're safe. I thought would make sense in this specific case.
myoksy wrote: Magic Shield (or how it's called?) and Sparks: Enemy had three rounds of the mirror buff thingy and one spark treatment disabled the buff completely. Should this be the case?
No it should reduce the target's buffs by 1, all of them: so if for example the target has 2-3 buffs should reduce duration by 1 to all of them. But not what you describe. I need to take a look then :) thanks

myoksy
Woods ranger
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.8.6

Post by myoksy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:10 pm

jack1974 wrote:
myoksy wrote: Magic Shield (or how it's called?) and Sparks: Enemy had three rounds of the mirror buff thingy and one spark treatment disabled the buff completely. Should this be the case?
No it should reduce the target's buffs by 1, all of them: so if for example the target has 2-3 buffs should reduce duration by 1 to all of them. But not what you describe. I need to take a look then :) thanks
it seems as if all spark hits, regardless of the target, are decreasing the shield.

say you hit 2 enemies, the combat log reads like this
- <guy with shield> hit with sparks, reducing buff of <guy with shield> by one
- <guy with shield> was hit, reducing buff of <guy with shield> by one
- <guy without shield> hit with sparks, reducing buff of <guy with shield> by one

the first two are correct, the last not so

another thing: reducing the AoE effect has a side effect: encounters last notable longer. as the nuclear weapon of the warrior has now much less direct damage I (and I think others) use them more rarely and combats with especially many armoured guards are longish event. don't have a good solution, though - generally the current AoE is much better and preferable.

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 12983
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.8.6

Post by jack1974 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:13 pm

Ah OK then I know what's wrong. At least I think. Will take a look in the weekend (tomorrow busy with some real-life stuff).
Regarding AOE, yes I imagine now the battles will last longer, however as you said I am not sure what could be the solution. With the last tweaks though, people can get more money and gems early, so I think that could balance a bit the longer battles :)

myoksy
Woods ranger
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.8.6

Post by myoksy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:22 pm

regarding misses: I counted hits and misses (not _very_ accurately, mind you. I am trying to play a game here!) and the miss rate is in the ballpark of twice as high than I would expect it. maybe a similar issue like the critical hit chance?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest