Queen Of Thieves beta 0.8.7

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.8.4

Post by jack1974 »

OK I was able to reproduce the 1st one :lol: interesting. Haven't found the second yet though!
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

The first one was the same run, and first time the party visited the house. And I have a save game standing on the entrance field - interested?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, though I think I found what are they - the "fully randomly generated ones". I think those have problems. I will just change the layout or edit them a little. Also found a crash bug sometimes with the new gold assignment code so need to update anyway :) thanks
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

I think my first example was one of the original fixed layouts? Not sure, though - and I just sent you the save game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes the first example was one of the original layout, the second one. Anyway just to be sure I moved the possible entrances distant from each other, so on next update shouldn't happen again :)
myoksy
Druid

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.8.5

Post by myoksy »

And now I know why all your original houses have such a crazy layout ; )
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The fun thing is that I didn't design them like that because of this issue, I didn't even know back them. Was completely random :mrgreen:
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

unsorted annotations:

fully party automatic level up: the button is only displayed when skill points are available (so every 2 levels), but attributes can be handled by the function.

enemy scaling: catacombs and story missions have a recommended level but if the party enters with a lower level the enemies are scaled down (and it is rather easy(ish) to explore the catacomb on lower levels). it would feel better when the recommended party level would be also the lower limit of the enemy strength - the foes should be overwhelming when a stupid party on level 8 enters the catacomb with a level suggestion of 12

"teleport": in the catacombs one can jump to every explored room, this is not the case for mansions (file under 'meh, consistency is not THAT important')
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

myoksy wrote:enemy scaling: catacombs and story missions have a recommended level but if the party enters with a lower level the enemies are scaled down
Enemy in catacombs aren't scaled down, they have fixed values. When I try to enter with a party level 8 on dungeon recommended for 12, my party is wiped in 2 turns. Of course, if you have 50 gems equipped, that's another story :lol: However nothing can be done, it's not like I can't allow gems to appear until the player has done a specific dungeon level.
I will probably change the text somehow, since the meaning is more "if you aren't super-equipped with 50 gems, this dungeon was designed for level X".
myoksy wrote:"teleport": in the catacombs one can jump to every explored room, this is not the case for mansions (file under 'meh, consistency is not THAT important')
Well the limit can be added also to catacombs :) Originally was supposed to work like this too for houses, then I changed it but honestly I don't remember anymore why I did it!
edit: ah yes now I remember, because this way you could skip certain battles, since in the house you can leave some locations and go there later.
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

jack1974 wrote:
myoksy wrote:enemy scaling: catacombs and story missions have a recommended level but if the party enters with a lower level the enemies are scaled down
Enemy in catacombs aren't scaled down, they have fixed values.
I found the "problem": Somehow my game is currently easy. And easy is really easy, you don't lie : )