Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.7

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
yayswords
Elder Druid

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.7

Post by yayswords »

jack1974 wrote:I could either give the fixed bonus to the BASE Defense stat (though might be a bit confusing?)
It has to be confusing because I don't see how it's different from the current version. Clarify :P

Another thing you could do is that Distracting Blows causes the attacker to be slowed. By the way, you could replace the speed penalty on Thalia with a higher delay on the skill.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Nevermind, I also forgot that I was using the Thalia's attack as multiplier source. I think I added a bug in this update then, since I used Thalia's Defense :lol:
Causing the attacker to be slowed would be like the standard slow skill, I liked the fact that it was a bit different from it.
And higher delay is not the same as being slowed for the duration of the buff :)
I think will keep as it is but instead of the defense increase the speed maybe. Unless I get a better idea!

edit: what about a skill usable only on Thalia that drastically reduces the aggro each turn? since the main issue of Thalia is that gets trashed by all enemies since she deals lot of damage. Having such an effect means that each turn her aggro would lower by %, so that maybe she can survive longer? I quite like this idea, I might do this :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

If you wanna do that, replace Lightning Reflexes or Frenzy instead. I like Distracting Blows. Aggro reduction might be nice to have (but could also be baked into Hide in Shadows). I was pleasantly surprised to see how effective Kira's Taunt was, as in SotW that skill did like nothing. Might as well mention I've played very little as I got pretty turned off when so many mobs had Into the Fray, plus the lack of strategy involved in the leveling process.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I will add it to hide in shadows since makes sense to lose aggro with it. Probably will change Distracting Blows so that increases Speed of target and not defense (so there isn't any problem with it).
As for lack of strategy in the leveling, well it's definitely different from SOTW or even Loren. Probably the randomized part is the reason, unless I misunderstood what you mean with lack of strategy?
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I meant in SotW you couldn't grind (well, except that ooze maze in act 3) and you didn't regen between battles. To get a high level, you had to kill all spawns ASAP so they could respawn again. Ideally kill them all the same day they spawn. That meant your mana/health had to last through all those battles, which either meant taverns, potions or regen dancing, where the latter also maximized your gold gains.

Now I don't freaking miss regen dancing, but it doesn't seem to me gold is ever an obstacle when you can just spam the shop at day and exp is never one when you can just pick fights at night. It was like that for a while, no? Is it still? Looks like it to me.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I see, well earning gold at shop was added to avoid grinding, so I don't know what other solution could be possible honestly, since other people say that doing the robberies after a while is boring. But as I said this game it's a very different concept from SOTW.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I managed to make Distracting Blows work as originally planned this morning! I simply remove the effect before re-adding it :mrgreen: so it doesn't stack (also on duration). I think now should be OK, maybe can make it slightly more powerful since duration doesn't stack, but otherwise is good.
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

Only one little detail I noticed

If he's talking about one daughter (which I do not believe he is) it should be "your daughter is resourceful" ,if he means all three it should be "your daughters are resourceful" :) No apostrophe here I think . No biggie typo, but the one I noticed in my first playthrough.
Think this game's already been proofread really well, 'cause I couldn't find many typos at all.

I think there were a few more that looked / sounded funny, but I've got to look for them again.
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

Yeah, it should be "daughters'". ^^;
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Will correct it :)