Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.6

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.6

Post by jack1974 »

game info and pre-purchase: http://winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
Current beta download: http://www.macgames.biz/games/QoT-0.6.6-all.zip

What's New in 0.6.6
- added the option to "run the shop for X days", available from step2 and later. Since the amount of money becomes bigger, and you could have earned it running the shop anyway (ending the turn) I added this way to speed up things :) of course you still need to level up your party, otherwise you could reach the amount required, but not the level required.
- added option to skip the random encounter battles in robberies. The battle will auto-resolve, with a percentage of success obtained comparing your stats with the enemy's ones. Only the random encounter that shows while moving in the target house can be skipped, not the scripted ones!
- increased Brown Bear paralysis resistance (otherwise was too easy if you had that skill!)
- fixed some wrong dissolve at end of story (dialog window would hide and show characters with no legs :lol:)
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.6

Post by Franka »

Shouldn't we be able to bring potions to the final mission? (Yes, I'm trying to do ridiculous stuff)
Last edited by Franka on Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Right now I am focusing on story mode, I will play the RPG route later (morel likely after the full release). With that said if I am playing only for the story, there is way too much grinding (even-though it is just clicking through) get mind dulling boring (especially on the 50k goal) and I can feel my eyes start to glaze over o.0 .

As for the robbery mission even with the boost to the gold it is still better to rob from the nobles or military, due to the gems.

There might be an error with the romance check with Thalia. She romanced Thajira (got the bonus) and should lock out the other sister right? Nope! Joanna is twice the flirt as Thalia, she wooed Mary and Thajilla. So that means I now have 4 romance bonuses <3. Joanna should not have been able to romance Thaji if Thalia locked in that romance correct?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Pace675 wrote:Joanna should not have been able to romance Thaji if Thalia locked in that romance correct?
Yes correct! I don't understand how you managed to though. If you have a save to send... :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote:Shouldn't we be able to bring potions to the final mission? (Yes, I'm trying to do ridiculous stuff)
Yes, that should be possible! I think I forgot to allow it :)
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote:
Pace675 wrote:Joanna should not have been able to romance Thaji if Thalia locked in that romance correct?
Yes correct! I don't understand how you managed to though. If you have a save to send... :)
Sending the save to you. Just to note that Thalia's romance score will goto 0 with Therjia (still keep the bonus tho) after Joanna romances Thaj. :shock:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

What should happen is that once you get to the end of romance with one, the other sister shouldn't be able to trigger anymore scenes with that love interest. But looks like it didn't work (now I wonder if it's just that one, or happens even with the others...)
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote:What should happen is that once you get to the end of romance with one, the other sister shouldn't be able to trigger anymore scenes with that love interest. But looks like it didn't work (now I wonder if it's just that one, or happens even with the others...)
Kira's works, and so does Joannas, just not Thalia's. Sent two saves to yah, one prior to two timing Joanna (lol yes she has 2 romances in full swing ATM lol and here we though Thalia was a little hussy, its the eldest sister I tell you!) :o :shock: :P
Yglika
Young scout

Post by Yglika »

Hi.

I just started to play so, far it looks cool, no bugs but I'm a bit confused by stats meaning in regard to Joanne (mage) and would love to have a better clarification on that, because she - unlike her other sisters uses magic. Specifically:

a) Does 'attack' (controlled by strength attribute) affect Joanne's spell-damage and Joanne's weapon-damage, or just Joanne's weapon-damage or nothing of her attacks? And if it does not affect them (personally I think mage's attack power shouldn't be dependant on her strength), then what does? Just the level?

b) Similary - Does 'critical hit chance' (controlled by accuracy) affect critical chance of Joanne's spells and weapon-attacks or just Joanne's weapon-attacks or nothing of her attacks?

Perhaps the help tooltips should be more clear on this.
Thanks.

El.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Differently from my other games Loren and SOTW, the mage uses the same stats as the other class (since there isn't "Magic" stat anymore) to calculate damage. The only difference is that Joanne's attack never have the chance to miss like the normal attacks, because are magical.
I think the only confusing tooltip is the one related to Strength, since indeed it does say "your character's physical damage".
How could I change it? Maybe even Strength could be substituted by some more generic word, like "Might"? :)
Thanks