balancing the catacombs + weapon level

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

balancing the catacombs + weapon level

Post by jack1974 »

So in the next version 0.6.4 the catacombs WILL WORK! Well, hopefully :mrgreen:
Using Franka's save, I noticed one thing though: they're rather easy, at least in Normal level. I think I'll need to tweak the enemies, but for that there's time.
Instead, I am thinking to add a minimum level requirement for the most powerful weapon, or have another way to obtain them.
I thought about making them very expensive, though with the main goal of the game accumulating gold, I'm not sure is a good thing.
The problem is that once you can buy those, the early level become too easy. So I need a way to "delay the acquisition" of those ultimate weapons somehow.
Having them tied to reaching a specific catacomb level, or probably the easiest solution, have a minimum level to equip them. So if you can't equip before you're level 15-20, that should solve everything :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: balancing the catacombs + weapon level

Post by Franka »

Maybe you get the 3 ultimate weapons from:

- One of the story missions, such as after spending 15000 gold or whenever (haven't finished all of them yet, don't know how high they go).
- One of the late boss fights in the catacombs.
- Completing 3 romances.

Or they could become availbale in the shops after those triggers if you still want a gold cost for them.

That way you don't get them too early, but if you really want one of them, you could grind your way to it.

But yes, the catacombs are not very hard playing on Normal, the hardest part is being paralyzed so much in some of the fights.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I have added them in a story mission at level 20. The sisters finds a big weapon room, so seems an appropriate place to find them :)
Uploading new version now, I have tested all the catacombs levels!
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

Yes I did find battles to be very easy even in hard difficulty, like I was lvl 7 without special weapons and barely any gems and could still pretty easily defeat enemies meant for lvl 15 and even menage to beat ones meant for lvl 20 in first try true those did pose some threat. First boos (Bear) for example didn't menage to even hit me once.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah you mean also the battles in the robbery missions? I was talking about the catacombs, but seems that even others are easy.
Just before the beta, I raised a bit the sisters HP. Before you'd get 4HP every point spent in constitution, now 5HP. I did that because I thought they had too little HP. But maybe was a mistake :oops:
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

Yes I am talking about all battles not just catacombs.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I never spend any points in constitution. :P

The hard mobs are the ones that paralyze and the Heavy Guards that have soo much defense.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote:I never spend any points in constitution. :P
Haha this is even worse then!
Yes paralyze is of course powerful. But even other enemies should be maybe weak HP, but be fast and/or have high attack values. Well I'll need to rebalance some enemies a bit, but I already knew that :)