Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.1

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.1

Post by jack1974 »

game info and pre-purchase: http://winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
Current beta download: http://www.macgames.biz/games/QoT-0.6.1-all.zip

What's New in 0.6.1
- fixed typos
- now you can proceed after the gem tutorial! :mrgreen:
- no more crash when examining thalia's boot (careful, you need to start a new game or it still won't work)
- Joanne and Thalia don't start anymore with bare feet :oops:

Missing stuff
- the main menu screen is temporary. I need to get one done!
- The main story CGs are still all missing. You'll see a gray screen with a text. It's normal, the artist is behind with that, but I wanted to get the beta started since they're just missing images :)
- A few backgrounds during the robbery missions could still be missing. See above, you'll see a gray screen with a text.

Feedback I want
- I'd wait before starting to talk about "this skill is unbalanced" and such. Some of them are uselss early in the game, but later can be very useful :) So I'd prefer if people played a good amount of time before talking about this.
- Game progression. Unless you play in VN Mode (then you'll skip all battles and earn the money easily!) I wanted also to know if you think the progression towards each goal is too slow or not. I adjust the money you get from robberies, so that later in the game you get more (since you'll also need more money in the final steps)
- Game over: the only case in which you can get a game over is the main plot missions. During robberies & catacombs exploration, you can always escape safely. Because of this, if a house is "too hard" it's not a bug or a problem: you can simply visit another. What instead should be "OK" is the difficulty of each main plot mission. Each has a reccommended level, so if you can't win a story mission where it says "reccommended level 20" and your party is 10, then even in this case you can't complain, you need to level up a bit first :P

That's it. I hope you'll enjoy it, I know I spent a lot of time working on this game and I believe it was worth it!! 8)
kadakithis
Druid

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.0

Post by kadakithis »

Just mayor instead of mayoress, male or female the mayor is just called a mayor.
Arrianna said she is the Husband of Lysander rather than Wife
Lysander says Pray on an old cripple instead of prey
Joanne and Thalia look barefoot first time it comes to the armor customization
Trying to look at the Lore on Thalia's boots makes the blue screen appear
After adding the gem to the armor, I got no further prompts and when I exited, Lysander appeared cut in half and hovering with no legs. I couldn't go any further.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha damn, the gem tutorial I added as last minute seems to have broken things. Will check it, thanks :)
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

kadakithis wrote:Just mayor instead of mayoress, male or female the mayor is just called a mayor.
Mayoress is perfectly correct. Ahkra isn't as progressive as other places in Aravorn.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Thee Forsaken One wrote: Mayoress is perfectly correct. Ahkra isn't as progressive as other places in Aravorn.
You are perfectly correct.I had never heard the term used before, my fault for assuming it was wrong instead of looking it up.
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

kadakithis wrote:
Thee Forsaken One wrote: Mayoress is perfectly correct. Ahkra isn't as progressive as other places in Aravorn.
You are perfectly correct.I had never heard the term used before, my fault for assuming it was wrong instead of looking it up.
Thanks for spotting the other typos, by the way. Since I've been writing on my own it's been hard to catch some of them. I thought I'd caught most of them but I guess not. ^^;
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I've fixed the mistakes but sadly here is still going slow, so doing every new update will take a while. SIGH :cry:
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

First bug squash it! Clicking on the coat of arms in upper right coner gives me this:
Spoiler:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/gameflow.rpy", line 64, in script call
File "game/plot/mainStory.rpy", line 271, in script
File "game/gui.rpy", line 202, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 217, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 217, in keywords
NameError: name 'gem_tutorial' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/plot/mainStory.rpy", line 271, in script
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\ast.py", line 604, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\exports.py", line 1122, in say
who(what, interact=interact)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\character.py", line 841, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\character.py", line 690, in do_display
**display_args)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\character.py", line 493, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\ui.py", line 277, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 2425, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, **kwargs)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 2693, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 396, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 396, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\display\screen.py", line 386, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 2693, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\display\screen.py", line 396, in per_interact
self.update()
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\display\screen.py", line 565, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/gui.rpy", line 217, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 217, in keywords
File "<screen language>", line 217, in <module>
NameError: name 'gem_tutorial' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227
Queen Of Thieves 0.6.0
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Reading Thalia's lore on her boots gave me this! :
Spoiler:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/plot/mainStory.rpy", line 276, in script
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 463, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: Unknown text tag u'i]{color=#416331'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/plot/mainStory.rpy", line 276, in script
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1715, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\statements.py", line 144, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 463, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\exports.py", line 2475, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\ui.py", line 277, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 2425, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, **kwargs)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 2779, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 1848, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 416, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6685)
rv = render(root, width, height, 0, 0)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 185, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2857)
rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 649, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 103, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3319)
cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 185, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2857)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 649, in render
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 103, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3319)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\display\screen.py", line 610, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1023, in render
st, at)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 839, in render
surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\display\viewport.py", line 244, in render
surf = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, child_width, child_height, st, at)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 839, in render
surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\text\text.py", line 1705, in render
virtual_layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, drawable_res=False, size_only=True)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\text\text.py", line 551, in __init__
self.paragraphs = self.segment(text.tokens, style, renders, text)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.0-all\QoT-0.6.0-all\renpy\text\text.py", line 1044, in segment
raise Exception("Unknown text tag %r" % text)
Exception: Unknown text tag u'i]{color=#416331'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227
Queen Of Thieves 0.6.0
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.1

Post by jack1974 »

Yes in the version 0.6.1 I just uploaded both bugs should be gone :) thanks
(you need to restart a new game for the Thalia's boot crash though!)