Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.1

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
DarkWolf
Druid

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.1

Post by DarkWolf »

When selling gems you get only about half of the money that it is said you will get.

Also I found one mistype in scene with Therjalla and Jaonne
Spoiler:
when Jaonne cashes her meditating:
"I link myself to the life that his all around us."
Edit: Another mistype this time in scene between Marry-Ann and Thalia at a market
Spoiler:
"I'd love to have a sibling to look help me look after the smithy."
Edit 2: Another mistype in scene with Therjalla and Jaonne
Spoiler:
at party on elven ship:
"I wanted to wait until the party was over but I find my desire to remain at this part has waned after speaking with my own kind."
Last edited by DarkWolf on Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Another errror with lvl 5 catacombs the snakes den
Spoiler:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/encounters.rpy", line 119, in script call
File "game/encounters.rpy", line 1708, in script
File "game/encounters.rpy", line 1708, in <module>
NameError: name 'lvl5_silence' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/encounters.rpy", line 119, in script call
File "game/encounters.rpy", line 1708, in script
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.1-all\QoT-0.6.1-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1648, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.1-all\QoT-0.6.1-all\renpy\python.py", line 1606, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\games\QoT-0.6.1-all\QoT-0.6.1-all\renpy\python.py", line 1601, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/encounters.rpy", line 1708, in <module>
NameError: name 'lvl5_silence' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227
Queen Of Thieves 0.6.1
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

I don't know if this is intentional, but it takes forever getting money out of missions. I am level 6 and all I have is 893 gold. Granted, I haven't visited the catacombs, but the robbery missions can become a bit of a grind, especially when merchants (who are supposed to have gold) never have more than 50. My problem is probably that I don't sell gems, but I wasn't planning to until I could fill up the sister's slots.
Harbinger1975
Young scout

Post by Harbinger1975 »

This was in the Hound's Masion:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'mercenaryempty'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Matthew\Downloads\QoT-0.6.1-all\QoT-0.6.1-all\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Matthew\Downloads\QoT-0.6.1-all\QoT-0.6.1-all\renpy\main.py", line 472, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\Matthew\Downloads\QoT-0.6.1-all\QoT-0.6.1-all\renpy\main.py", line 141, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\Matthew\Downloads\QoT-0.6.1-all\QoT-0.6.1-all\renpy\execution.py", line 734, in run_context
context.run()
File "lib/windows-i686/robbery.rpyc", line 985, in script call
File "C:\Users\Matthew\Downloads\QoT-0.6.1-all\QoT-0.6.1-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1314, in execute
rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
File "lib/windows-i686/robbery.rpyc", line 985, in script call
File "C:\Users\Matthew\Downloads\QoT-0.6.1-all\QoT-0.6.1-all\renpy\script.py", line 843, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'mercenaryempty'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227
Queen Of Thieves 0.6.1
It seems there is ALOT of crashing of the game in The Hounds (Military) robbery mission. It's more the second to last room that keeps crashing. I go across first THEN down. I'm not sure if that'll help
Last edited by Harbinger1975 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Direct intervention is necessary. Assuming direct control."
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

kadakithis wrote:I don't know if this is intentional, but it takes forever getting money out of missions. I am level 6 and all I have is 893 gold. Granted, I haven't visited the catacombs, but the robbery missions can become a bit of a grind, especially when merchants (who are supposed to have gold) never have more than 50. My problem is probably that I don't sell gems, but I wasn't planning to until I could fill up the sister's slots.
I don't think it takes that long to gather money to advance story (at least for the first time) but I think closing/armor is too expensive, at least for beginning but that is probably because all armor costs equally 500 gold witch I am not sure why Jack decide to do so. It took me 9h to gather 1000G (Without selling any gems) but I also both armor for Jaonne witch is 500G to technically I gathered 1500G and I concentrated more on romances and had already got around half hearts witch parings I want and got to lvl 5 in catacombs.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

It can be a bit frustrating when your main source of gold doesn't give out gold. I kinda wish we got even a tiny amount of gold every time we fought, but it gets annoying fighting and fighting and fighting and only getting a few coins to show for it. I get that if you choose military as that is their purpose, but it can feel that way all the way across. Merchants so far give the least amount of gold and nobles the most. At this point, I stopped even robbing anyone but them. They have just as many fights to level up and they are the only ones who ever have gold.
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

kadakithis wrote:It can be a bit frustrating when your main source of gold doesn't give out gold. I kinda wish we got even a tiny amount of gold every time we fought, but it gets annoying fighting and fighting and fighting and only getting a few coins to show for it. I get that if you choose military as that is their purpose, but it can feel that way all the way across. Merchants so far give the least amount of gold and nobles the most. At this point, I stopped even robbing anyone but them. They have just as many fights to level up and they are the only ones who ever have gold.
Wait you are getting military and nobles as a robing option before advancing story the first time?! I just advanced story and I still only have merchants as a robing option, true they do give a lot more gold after advancing story.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

DarkWolf wrote:
Wait you are getting military and nobles as a robing option before advancing story the first time?! I just advanced story and I still only have merchants as a robing option, true they do give a lot more gold after advancing story.
Yeah, been robbing Nobles and Military since Merchants often give you less than the store, can't imagine trying to get to 1000 gold on merchants alone.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

The sisters should really start with an ability point available. There's almost no strategy involved in the early fights.

Forsaken, I think many sentences could use some commas. Also, when Thalia says she would like to "lay" with Malvin it makes me feel even you have fallen victim to the lie/lay pandemic. Lay is past tense of lie, else it's used with an object. It should be lie, even if that is homonymous with telling falsehoods. Am I wrong?
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

kadakithis wrote:
DarkWolf wrote:
Yeah, been robbing Nobles and Military since Merchants often give you less than the store, can't imagine trying to get to 1000 gold on merchants alone.
Well I just did that cause I thought Nobles and Military are only available later, I guess that is one more bug to report.