Romance bonuses

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Romance bonuses

Post by jack1974 »

I thought to make this post mostly as reminder for myself :) But also so people know what is the bonus unlocked by each romance and to discuss.
Please remember that:It is impossible to make all the bonuses be the same strength/usefulness/value.
I'm mostly interested in making them "fitting the character/story".

Tiberius: Reduces the chances of random encounters during the robbery missions by 50%!
Fredrick: You can now buy all items in Fredrick shop with a permanent discount of 50%!
Melvin: The time cost of all robbery actions is halved!

Moirgane: All the information about the new targets discovered in the robbery screen are instantly revealed!
Mary-Ann: You can now buy all items at the Forge with a permanent discount of 50%!
Therjalla: You can now buy all items at the Temple with a permanent discount of 50%!

Moirgane's bonus originally was Melvin's, but I decided that would fit more the other character because of the job (she hears rumors at the tavern/docks).
The yuri gets two shops discounts: however, since the armor gear is purely cosmetic it's not like the Forge items are valuable for the fights. The potions are more (but still you can bring a limited amount with you). In general money to buy items shouldn't be a problem :)
kadakithis
Druid

Re: Romance bonuses

Post by kadakithis »

They all seem cool, Moirgane's feels a bit of a stretch, storywise, but it works.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Might swap her bonus with Melvin again :lol: but will wait until people play the game (so they know about their stories).
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote:Might swap her bonus with Melvin again :lol: but will wait until people play the game (so they know about their stories).
Lol any chance of a FO4 temporary happy time buff? XD :oops: :lol: :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes but then that should happen with all the romances, not just one :wink:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

For the ones that are weaker than the others, you could attempt to compensate by giving the romancer a minor boost as well. For example, perhaps the NPC also awards their betrothed a unique gem that grants +5 in a stat (assuming +3 is the usual rank), so they get a tiny attribute boost.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah I could add a "gift" for those who are inferior. But will wait in any case when the game beta is out since maybe some bonus might seem trivial now but in reality will be useful :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

If the bonuses are unlocked late game, the player may not really get much out of the bonuses anyways. It's probably a good thing, as it will give players less of an incentive to choose a romance simply to get overpowered gear and abilities.