Roadmap to beta

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Roadmap to beta

Post by jack1974 »

difficulty selection screen done. Hmm I'm running out of things to do. Though probably opening pre-orders the same week as the Steam sale might not be a wise idea... :mrgreen:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Roleplaying* games

For Nightmare: "At your own risk" works fine, but I think "at your own peril" would be more ominous and threatening.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So today will TRY to upload the beta even if it's still missing some art. Obviously, my crappy wifi connection that normally uploads at 200KB/s, has decided to go at 6KB/s now... :lol: "estimate time left: 6h" :shock:
Anyway, I also want to make a "gem tutorial" and check some more things. It's more likely to begin tomorrow than today, but you never know. For sure not sooner than 8-9h from this post!
Temp game page is here, for those who wants to pledge their loyalty to Arianna's boob-ahem, to the Queen Of Thieves: http://winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Money thrown your way.....now awaiting the upload of demo......ARRRRRG XD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Actually, I just managed to finish the upload! :shock:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

today got one of the missing backgrounds (at last!). Artist said would do the other two this month (temple gardens and pit trap).
Unfortunately I didn't hear anything about the main artist for the story CG... at this point, I might be considering using another one. It sucks, but on the other hand it's not like I can delay a game release by 3-4 months just for FOUR missing CGs!!! :o
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Well that's good and bad....good that the background will be done soonish bad about the main artist though. Are artists always this flaky? (Or you get the the wiley ones?) I do know of an artist that does get things done (but she may be busy tho, has varying styles). She did Starlight Vega (and is almost done with umm Catch Canvas so you can see how she can change her style...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Not all artists, but even the most reliable ones can have random real life issues. Loren's artist was the most reliable I worked with, yet sometimes would take him 3 months to get a batch of stuff done. Rebecca (who did Heileen/Bionic Heart and is doing Love Bites) is also super reliable, but I know some time ago suffered a wrist injury, so couldn't draw for 2-3 months too.
The main issue this time is that artist is not replying, so I don't know what's actually going on :oops:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!
Out of the blue artist emailed saying "oh, I have already done them, I forgot to upload" :lol: (like Loren 2 writer)

Anyway, I have all the missing CGs now. Before doing another update, there are some minor fixes to do in the image (just some missing clothing).
Spoiler:
My only concern is that in the first one Arianna is naked, as you know if you played the game, and I think it might be a bit too sexy compared to the rest of the game. I think is fine, Forsaken thinks is fine, I guess I'll see what people say!
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:
Spoiler:
My only concern is that in the first one Arianna is naked, as you know if you played the game, and I think it might be a bit too sexy compared to the rest of the game. I think is fine, Forsaken thinks is fine, I guess I'll see what people say!
Spoiler:
I know this might make me sound like a bit of a prude, but I'm not comfortable w/ such (it goes against my upbringing).
And so is there a way there could be an alternate kind of thing? If I'm asking too much I apologize, and will just skip past that when I play. Sorry for any inconvenience.