characters intro

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: characters intro

Post by jack1974 »

I don't think is a big problem :) especially as you said, it wasn't edited/checked by anyone else (except me, but I am not an expert haha).
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:Tsk, PSCD will rule! :wink:
I've spent a lot of time on QoT this year, indeed it's basically ready apart the robbery missions which I'll do meanwhile writer/artist finish the remaining stuff later this year :)
Yeah, but wouldn't it be a good idea to release a game this fall instead of seventeen games all at once in 2017? ;)

I mean, some of the writing/artist stuff (more the latter and less the former) isn't quite necessary for an early beta. I'm sure we can find a few dozen bugs for you in the introduction alone. :)

(I guess it's weird that QoT looked the closest to being released, but you did the "optional" catacombs and now PSCD before the robbery missions that were the main part of QoT? Though I know very well how solely focusing on one project can be boring, just seems like it could've been in beta if done the other way around.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well the catacombs was one of the MANY cases in which I wanted to make customers happy. It was supposed to be a sort of randomly generated dungeon, then people said "booo!" and so I wrote a story. Which should have been connected to the main plot. Then, went the infernal July and wasn't able to work at all. August was slightly better, but not by much. Still managed to finish those.
I wrote the robberies but was still missing enemy art. I don't like to use placeholders too much. I got all the new enemies last week. So I would have to wait anyway.

Also, I want to let QoT writer to finish proofreading the stories, and it's still missing all the scripting! So you could read the text but not see any background or sprite moving on screen. She still needs to do that. So QoT is advanced in the gameplay but writing/scripting is still very behind. Simple stuff, but takes time :)

Besides, Anima is not always available, so when he is on "working mood" I need to catch the opportunity. The card system was on hold since beginning of the year :lol: and now he basically finished it in one month or less. But the main difference was that for QoT, I was sure to be able to finish it, while for PSCD (and Undead Lily later) I NEEDED his "divine intervention". The card system is super complex behind the scenes, and if I had to code it myself, I don't even think I would have been able to.
So yeah, I could have made QoT but maybe risked to not make both PSCD AND Undead Lily later. I picked the best option available at this moment :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Here's Tiberius: blog/2015/10/queen-of-thieves-tiberius/
I'll alternate a male/female love interests in next posts :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

blog/2015/10/queen-of-thieves-therjalla/
probably the most attractive female character, even if I like Mary-Ann a lot too (not yet introduced in the blog).
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

I like Therjalla! Very attractive and beautiful!
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

I love her outfit, the priest one it suits her and makes her look both ethereal and capable, great art.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Forgot to update the thread :lol: well all romanceable characters are introduced, so today is time for..... THE QUEEN OF THIEVES HERSELF! <sound of crowd roaring>
blog/2015/11/the-queen-of-thieves-arianna/
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Arianna is a very strong willed woman with a big heart who finds it difficult to say no to people.
Woot, sounds like she'll be easy to romance!