the game romances

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: the game romances

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I have still one to post for Summer In Trigue and then will start the QoT ones :)
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

kadakithis wrote:Add into all of that, you have 8 siblings (who technically are not your siblings, but are treated like it every step of the game and which the plot revolves around being your siblings) who you can romance, 4 in each version. Actually why I am not getting the game. I do not want to deal with that in my media.

I usually just stick to Jack and Bioware for the same reason, lol.
there is lot of chance that this is going to change in the US/EU version, the same for the first cousin marriage(like lucina and owain in awakening).
the will have a lot of change in rhe US/EU I wouldn't not be surprise if soleil become a romance option for the female avatar(it's the only way they can avoid another scandal) and they add a guy for the male avatar in hoshido
Ryocchi wrote:Oh, I can see your point now, as I sad in the SOTW forum, I'm accustomed to count my blessings when developers other than Jack and Bioware include gay romance path in their games, Nintendo specially. LOL
I know I am the same, I complain because I was expecting more from a serie who use Yaoi/Yuri subtext before and know that people love it, and also because it one of my favorite serie.

when I complain about a game, it's because I like it and I often forget that to other people it looks like I hate it,but no, I love FE Fates.
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

Exizel wrote:
kadakithis wrote:Add into all of that, you have 8 siblings (who technically are not your siblings, but are treated like it every step of the game and which the plot revolves around being your siblings) who you can romance, 4 in each version. Actually why I am not getting the game. I do not want to deal with that in my media.

I usually just stick to Jack and Bioware for the same reason, lol.
there is lot of chance that this is going to change in the US/EU version, the same for the first cousin marriage(like lucina and owain in awakening).
Trying not to continue the off topic FE talk but couldn't resist commenting on this. Surprising for the EU to use the US localisation. They usually prefer their own (Which I love since the US is censor happy compared to the EU one who rarely cut content) in which case the silly cousin censorship wouldn't happen since most EU families (Especially those of royal or noble decent) would all be arrested/divorced if marriage between first cousins was illegal (It's not in any EU country). It's illegal in 30 states in the US too but I suspect Nintendo is based in one that bans it.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Exizel wrote:
when I complain about a game, it's because I like it and I often forget that to other people it looks like I hate it,but no, I love FE Fates.
I am the same way. If I hate a game, I try to avoid it. If I love a game I over analyze out of love. I can list you a thousand things wrong with Biowares games, but I would shell out 100 bucks for their special edition without a thought (if I had it) heck I have bought some of Jacks non LGBT games if only because I want to support him.

But sometimes I realize I am getting too wrapped up and dissapear for awhile, because I never want to be downright negative.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Speaking for myself, I never think badly if someone criticize my stuff, as long as he/she is polite :) it helps improving my games, so it's good.
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

Thee Forsaken One wrote: Trying not to continue the off topic FE talk but couldn't resist commenting on this. Surprising for the EU to use the US localisation. They usually prefer their own (Which I love since the US is censor happy compared to the EU one who rarely cut content) in which case the silly cousin censorship wouldn't happen since most EU families (Especially those of royal or noble decent) would all be arrested/divorced if marriage between first cousins was illegal (It's not in any EU country). It's illegal in 30 states in the US too but I suspect Nintendo is based in one that bans it.
By that logic most game should be censor because murder is illegal. Law about real life does not affect localisation, localisation change come from cultural difference and the rating system. The cousin marriage was censor because of the stigma, and you say that it happen in most EU families, I don't know for most country but I can tell you that even if it's legal in France, the stigma exist and you say that most families would be arrest but it is rare in France.

ousin marriage is common in the middle oriant, and most cousin marriage in europe are probably from people who came from middle orient.
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

Exizel wrote:
Thee Forsaken One wrote: Trying not to continue the off topic FE talk but couldn't resist commenting on this. Surprising for the EU to use the US localisation. They usually prefer their own (Which I love since the US is censor happy compared to the EU one who rarely cut content) in which case the silly cousin censorship wouldn't happen since most EU families (Especially those of royal or noble decent) would all be arrested/divorced if marriage between first cousins was illegal (It's not in any EU country). It's illegal in 30 states in the US too but I suspect Nintendo is based in one that bans it.
By that logic most game should be censor because murder is illegal. Law about real life does not affect localisation, localisation change come from cultural difference and the rating system. The cousin marriage was censor because of the stigma, and you say that it happen in most EU families, I don't know for most country but I can tell you that even if it's legal in France, the stigma exist and you say that most families would be arrest but it is rare in France.

ousin marriage is common in the middle oriant, and most cousin marriage in europe are probably from people who came from middle orient.
That's kind of my point. If murder is okay in games then why did we randomly censor a non-illegal act because it happens to be illegal in parts of the US?

European royal families were all intermarried to the point everyone were cousins with each other. It was one of the reasons that European nobility started to become somewhat... eccentric. Yes, that's a generalisation but inbreeding was becoming an issue.

My being arrested thing was a bit of a joke. It's not so bad now but if you go back maybe a hundred to two hundred years then most of the nobility would have to be arrested for marrying their cousins. There was a thing about keeping all the blood 'pure'.

The stigma between first cousin marriages is a fairly modern invention https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage#Europe and some very famous people were married to their first cousin without Stigma: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_coupled_cousins

Now I must say, I have never been tempted in the very least by my cousins and there is a bit of a stigma about it in Scotland where I live (Although not to the point you would be shunned).
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Cousin marriages weren't usually about attraction, they were about keeping the land/wealth in the family, strengthening inter-family connections, and marrying the girl to someone who wasn't likely to mistreat her. In olden times when survival was more of an issue, and extended families tended to live close together, survival trumped passion, and marriages were primarily contracted to improve the survivability of the family by keeping it united via strong ties of kinship, with plenty of spare caregivers and providers around should a child lose one or both of his or her parents.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Also a huge difference between cousins and siblings.
lilypuff
Young scout

Post by lilypuff »

I couldn't help but notice that each of the romance options is possible by two sisters. So...what happens if two sisters are interested in the same girl/guy? Not possible, or major, giant, badass, sibling rivalry cat-fight? :girl_devil: :shock: :girl_devil: