dungeons exploration

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: dungeons exploration

Post by jack1974 »

So even "the crypt" didn't save me from the insane heat wave, I've worked slowly (also because I did a bit of work for the zombie game I'm publishing). Anyway, I'm almost done with level 4 so I'd say I'm halfway. I think will be a good goal to finish it by end of month (unless temperatures become more normal again).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Level 4 finished! Also discussed with writer about the catacomb integration in main plot, so it means that if you finish it, beside some obvious high item reward (gems) you'll also learn more stuff about the main plot :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Now it's not optional anymore. ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

What you mean? no you can skip the catacomb completely if you want, it will only change something related to the endings :mrgreen: but is still not required to do it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Alll right so... this picture of my cats summarize my situation now:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: it's TOO F****G HOT TO WORK!!
Even the crypt can't save me! I really won't be able to work this week, they said temperatures will increase until Sunday... and is already too hot today.

Anyway yesterday managed to design all the catacomb levels. Now I need to "fill them with content".
This is taking longer also because I need to put a story/encounters. Last year with SOTW, even if the climate was better, it was different: everything was ready and "I just had to code it". I could code now, but doing any creative job like quest/puzzles/writing a storyboard... is impossible with such heat :(

Luckily, the new writer stays in a cold place so she can go on with the story. So this is just a temporary setback regarding the catacombs but the game won't really suffer much delays because of it :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I think henceforth all decisions should be explained with cat photos.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

:lol:
I could do that! I have an archive of thousands photos of my cats, could find one for every occasion :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I don't know how, but this morning despite the insane heat, noisy tourist outside, etc I managed to work a bit. Did 1/3 of the 5th level. But they said will be this hot until the end of month, so... my plans are totally screwed up :(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Good news, those should be the last few days of heat and then it shouldn't go back up again. Today finished level 5, and starting level 6 already. Below you can admire a fight against two minor air elemental and one air elemental:
level 6 => party should be level 14-15, at normal level is possible to beat them. In Nightmare... I didn't dare to try!

Finishing the catacombs by end of this month seems a feasible goal now :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

a fun introduction to our new "friend" :lol:
Of course drain life is nothing new for my RPGs, but in this context it's quite powerful since this is a game with super limited healing! It's going to be a "fun" boss battle... :mrgreen: