dungeons exploration

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
yayswords
Elder Druid

Re: dungeons exploration

Post by yayswords »

The real question is what's the face over the gate to the left supposed to be. It looks comical to me, like a bear that ate something and instantly regretted it.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Maybe the Lich Queen's dress just has a really low back?
Lady Dee
Young scout

Post by Lady Dee »

Thee Forsaken One wrote:Ooh I see another DLC costume for Joanne. ;)

Clearly she's been locked up in those catacombs for way too long if she's ended up looking like that. :lol:

What are you talking about? She doesn't look a day over seven...ty hundred years.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

In other news, finished level 8 and started level 9. I'll definitely finish this in next days, even if this final level will have some surprises :)
Then there's only the robbery missions left for the RPG part. And well, also the "final battles" but I won't say against who :wink:
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

The Queen needs her morning coffee...
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

OMG, snakes on acid!
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

If that's from catacombs level 8 and you're recommended to have a party of level 18, why are the enemy monsters labeled levels 5/6/7?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Like with Loren or SOTW, the levels of enemies are independent from the ones of the party. They have starting attributes on level 1 (shown in the monster detail page in the catacomb exploration) and on each level up they increase their stats (depending on difficulty level).
A level 2 Ghoul could be much more powerful than a level 6 Skeleton Mage for example.

Also, since in this game you control only 3 members, even a fight vs 4 is tough. Sometimes is easier a fight with 3 higher level enemies than one with 5 very low level ones.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

That means as a player I don't have a rough idea of what their difficulty will be until I fight them. Which means the only way to know that the "level 2" Ghoul is a bigger threat is through dying to it while I focus on the level 7 spider I thought was the bigger threat.

Some systems would approximate the party level for an indicator of difficulty and then adjust the monster stat scaling as appropriate. E.g. the old level 6 skeleton mage would have the same stats as the new level 18 skeleton mage, just the level display is different to indicate you're expected to have an even-difficulty fight against that creature with a party of 18 (well, if it was a 1v1).

As it is now, I'm not sure there's an actual benefit to showing the monster level at all?
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Troyen wrote:As it is now, I'm not sure there's an actual benefit to showing the monster level at all?
I agree.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.