alpha build 0.5.8

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
yayswords
Elder Druid

Re: alpha build 0.5.8

Post by yayswords »

No I'm not going to do that now. I'm saving that for when I know what to put there, I just want to play around and see how much screen space is used etc. Which file is it?

Pfft, I think I found it and I think it's compiled :P
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The file contents are the same I posted in forums anyway :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Yes, but if I edit them can I test the results without having to send them to you?

(how the hell did renke try all his stuff?)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

He was using decompilers, anyway you can just copy the text I already pasted in a file, save it with l_skills.rpy and place in the game and run it. But if you have bugs obviously I don't have time to do anything (I have enough of the bugs in my own code).
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Aw yis. Okay cool, when the time comes I'll have easily improved descriptions for you :D
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Krimm owns Riley for 500 of SP (Sex Points) :lol:
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I'm all proper so I'm going to bump this to talk about a skill...

Thalia's Hide in Shadows is pretty nice. I thought it was rubbish the first time I saw it, but then I hadn't realized that double your crit is double your damage. One point here is great, because you can double-damage your next big attack, which makes it really cool for your mana. It effectively costs no mana since you will regen it in that turn, so it's just 10 delay. Also, maybe you can wait out a Guard with it - very tactical. If you're using Thalia's buffs these also become "free" since they cost the 1SP it regens.

But but but but but...

Much like in SotW, you lose the damage buff on your first instance of a multi-attack. If you use her row nuke, only the left target takes the double damage. Not fixable this time either? :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

yayswords wrote: Much like in SotW, you lose the damage buff on your first instance of a multi-attack. If you use her row nuke, only the left target takes the double damage. Not fixable this time either? :P
Hmm I am unsure, since the engine (rightfully) consider a multi-attack as a series of attacks. And in my hack, I check when the character first hit an enemy. I think I could "extend" the check to 3 targets if the skill area is AOE (so 3 targets). Will try to do the change before next update :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ha, actually I just did it. I have to go soon to do some errands so I wanted to get it done fast, and I did it :)
Now I have to find out why the effect line is displayed twice, but that's another issue. The feature works, tested it!