new battle layout feedback

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
yayswords
Elder Druid

Re: new battle layout feedback

Post by yayswords »

I don't think I've seen levels used in any combat calculations in Loren/SotW, so as far as I can tell, they are purely a power indicator. But you have every (since resistances aren't in) measurement of strength on the combat screen right now anyway, so I think it would be a needless addition.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I agree a boot (or foot) can a suitable symbol for speed. A sword or fist could be used for attack. For critical, maybe a skull or target?
weaselton
Young scout

Post by weaselton »

I like what I see for the layout. I only have one minor thing of criticism and it applies to SOTW and Loren specifically. On the battle log for some reason it defaults to the top of the screen rather than the most recent action. That makes it very hard to see what effects it had via the text. That being said since I finished both games its not something that really hampers the overall playability.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes is a bit hard to make it work as intended (even if seems a simple thing). On this game I've partially solved it by adding most actions on a single line, for example before it was split in several lines, now you see stuff like:
"Skeleton Warrior inflicted Burning (Novice) on Kira. Attack decreased by 20%. The condition will expire in 3 turn(s)."
before each sentence was in a single line, in reverse order, making it a bit hard to understand indeed!