Art Thread [Queen of Thieves]

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
daikiraikimi
Woods ranger

Art Thread [Queen of Thieves]

Post by daikiraikimi »

Hey, all,

Making this post to collect all the art that has been posted about Queen of Thieves! That way, if anyone wanted to browse through all the cool pictures all of it is in one place. I thought it would be more convenient this way. :)

Feel free to add anything that is missing.

Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: Art Thread [Queen of Thieves]

Post by Miakoda »

From the newest twitter:

I like all of them, though I'm glad to see a hint of muscle on the Blacksmith as well :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes she definitely has muscles :) I like this artist because he has drawn the elf slim/graceful but for example the waitress is quite... uhm I hope is the right word "voluptuous" so not the classic pin-up/topmodel figure 8)
Matenshi
Young scout

Post by Matenshi »

Variety is indeed a very good thing. You have no idea how sick I am of media portraying all women with the exact same ridiculous figure (anorexic, over-sized breasts). I want my characters to be people, not objects in the form of some dude's perverse ideal. :/

I also wanted to express my deepest gratitude for you adding female love interests to this game. I thought it looked like a cool enough game to begin with, but that definitely will make me purchase it directly from you, rather than waiting for it to be in a bundle or something. Winter Wolves is a paragon of LGBT gaming in a world that largely ignores people like me. Hell, even games with a female protagonist are something of a rarity. Having games where I can not only be a woman, but romance other women? Yes please. Pretty much no other company comes close in that respect. -- BioWare is great and all, but words cannot express how sad I am that you can't romance a single female companion character as a woman in Star Wars: The Old Republic. :(
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

Matenshi wrote:Variety is indeed a very good thing. You have no idea how sick I am of media portraying all women with the exact same ridiculous figure (anorexic, over-sized breasts). I want my characters to be people, not objects in the form of some dude's perverse ideal. :/

I also wanted to express my deepest gratitude for you adding female love interests to this game. I thought it looked like a cool enough game to begin with, but that definitely will make me purchase it directly from you, rather than waiting for it to be in a bundle or something. Winter Wolves is a paragon of LGBT gaming in a world that largely ignores people like me. Hell, even games with a female protagonist are something of a rarity. Having games where I can not only be a woman, but romance other women? Yes please. Pretty much no other company comes close in that respect. -- BioWare is great and all, but words cannot express how sad I am that you can't romance a single female companion character as a woman in Star Wars: The Old Republic. :(
That was Lucasarts blocking Bioware, they wanted to include samesex romances, but weren't allowed. They kept fighting for it and finally got to add some in Rise of the Hutt Cartel. I agree with you, I'm very saddened by the lack of samesex romances, but Bioware wasn't to blame for it. If Disney hadn't bought Star Wars they might have eventually got to make some of the companions samesex like they wanted, but Disney isn't going to play ball. Stupid Disney.

Also, while I agree that variety is good, there also isn't anything inherently wrong with a non-realistic character, plus, while clearly not all women do, I have met many women who like having unrealistically attractive women, so I think saying "Some dude's perverse ideal" is a little unfair :) .
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Matenshi wrote:I also wanted to express my deepest gratitude for you adding female love interests to this game. I thought it looked like a cool enough game to begin with, but that definitely will make me purchase it directly from you, rather than waiting for it to be in a bundle or something. Winter Wolves is a paragon of LGBT gaming in a world that largely ignores people like me. Hell, even games with a female protagonist are something of a rarity. Having games where I can not only be a woman, but romance other women? Yes please. Pretty much no other company comes close in that respect.
Thanks. Well I really like yuri games myself, and when I notice how few they were I thought was time to remedy!! 8)
iWeasle wrote: Also, while I agree that variety is good, there also isn't anything inherently wrong with a non-realistic character, plus, while clearly not all women do, I have met many women who like having unrealistically attractive women, so I think saying "Some dude's perverse ideal" is a little unfair :) .
I try to do both, I mean there's nothing wrong with slim characters with big boobs :lol: the main problem is when ALL the characters are like that! Though in artists' defense, I have to say that many practice with such models so is hard for them to do something different. In the past I was leaving them more freedom, then recently I had to explicitly tell them to make this one more fat, this other with smaller breasts, etc etc. So there's more variety :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:I try to do both, I mean there's nothing wrong with slim characters with big boobs :lol: the main problem is when ALL the characters are like that!
Yeah, I don't like characters like that but they're pretty much all over the place. The variety in your games is generally refreshing.
Matenshi wrote:I also wanted to express my deepest gratitude for you adding female love interests to this game. I thought it looked like a cool enough game to begin with, but that definitely will make me purchase it directly from you, rather than waiting for it to be in a bundle or something. Winter Wolves is a paragon of LGBT gaming in a world that largely ignores people like me. Hell, even games with a female protagonist are something of a rarity. Having games where I can not only be a woman, but romance other women? Yes please. Pretty much no other company comes close in that respect.
Have you checked out Magical Diary? More lighthearted than WW games, but it meets many of your points.
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

Troyen wrote: Have you checked out Magical Diary? More lighthearted than WW games, but it meets many of your points.
That's a great game :) .
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

Matenshi wrote: -- BioWare is great and all, but words cannot express how sad I am that you can't romance a single female companion character as a woman in Star Wars: The Old Republic. :(
I think you can, but only in one of the DLCs/expansions/extra add-on. I believe I saw a youtube video of it. :)

But other than that, yes, much love to Jack for his great games! :mrgreen:
DarcieCobalt
Young scout

Post by DarcieCobalt »

Matenshi wrote:Variety is indeed a very good thing. You have no idea how sick I am of media portraying all women with the exact same ridiculous figure (anorexic, over-sized breasts). I want my characters to be people, not objects in the form of some dude's perverse ideal. :/

Firtst part: Indeed, women should be portrayed as women and not as pleasure objects for men. I know there are a lot of good men out there as well, but those sad stereotypes ruin it for them.
Second part: That's why they invented mods. When I read about LucasArts blocking homosexual romances, I installed some mods and everything went great. None of the characters seemed to mind it. xD
It hurts because I hit something important <3