Art Thread [Queen of Thieves]

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
yayswords
Elder Druid

Re: Art Thread [Queen of Thieves]

Post by yayswords »

I hope you have considered how silly her gravity-defying hair looks :D
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

And clothes (the skirt). I could ask artist to draw a special sprite for this occasion, but of course that would mean delay the game by at least another 2-3 weeks (he's not the fastest sadly). Considering most indie VNs doesn't even have the variety of backgrounds/sprites/outfits of this game (not to talk about the RPG part), I think will be fine :wink:
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

jack1974 wrote:Nah yaysword jokes. The problem with internet is that sometimes is hard to know when someone says something not seriously
That is a problem since people took what I said angrily rather than just matter-of-factly. I'm not annoyed by yayswords' jokes at potential grammatical or spelling mistakes on my behalf or the jokes about me committing ritual suicide. I enjoy attacking the American 'English' language and often take the opportunity when it arises. :)
Last edited by Thee Forsaken One on Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

I have so many feelings about English and grammar it's insane. But please keep the picture as is, I think it looks great, and it won't break immersion more than the sight gag brings levity.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Thee Forsaken One wrote:
jack1974 wrote:Nah yaysword jokes. The problem with internet is that sometimes is hard to know when someone says something not seriously
That is a problem since people took what I said angrily rather than just matter-of-factly. I'm not annoyed by yayswords jokes at potential grammatical or spelling mistakes on my behalf or the jokes about me committing ritual suicide. I enjoy attacking the American 'English' language and often take the opportunity when it arises. :)
I think we didn't realize it was British English because there wasn't much in the other context given to suggest so and many times it's often a genuine typo. If he had included a screenshot with trigger words like "defence" we'd have been more understanding. :P
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

kadakithis wrote:I have so many feelings about English and grammar
I hope they go something like "structurally consistent masterpiece compared to Swedish".
Thee Forsaken One wrote:I'm not annoyed by yayswords jokes at potential grammatical or spelling mistakes on my behalf
No apostrophe? Shall I prepare the ceremonial robe?
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

yayswords wrote:
Thee Forsaken One wrote:I'm not annoyed by yayswords' jokes at potential grammatical or spelling mistakes on my behalf
No apostrophe? Shall I prepare the ceremonial robe?
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Last edited by Thee Forsaken One on Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Going fullspeed, halfway through Moirgane/Joanne route :)
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

yayswords wrote: I hope they go something like "structurally consistent masterpiece compared to Swedish".
More like English is really cool on how quickly it changes, historically and linguistically it is very malleable and grammar arguments say a lot about the generation that argues them. Also grammar existed so all the different versions could be commonly understood, but the rules are always changing because English is a language that changes even faster than most others. Keeping all the rules precise for common useage for more than a generation is nigh impossible and seeing each generation (in historic writings) lament about changes the next will consider formal is fun. I mean just examining how words change meaning over years to become something completely different, kinda attests to how cool it is.

So sorry I feel I am always the one taking threads off subject.

On topic: I noticed most of the situations are sexual hijinks, which I love, but hoping there is a bit of drama and more romantic scenes too.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

kadakithis wrote:seeing each generation (in historic writings) lament about changes the next will consider formal is fun.
I feel you. I look at old, cumbersome spellings and think man, why would anyone want to do it like that; so glad we're past it. But not all are gone, and the confusing ones are misspelled time and time again. For practicality's sake, all words should be spelled as they are spoken. Take lose: Every (or nearly?) other word ending with consonant into ose rhymes with close, those, etc, but lose rhymes with choose. Better it too were spelled loose, it's not like it would be the first use homonyms in the English language. But why should I argue for such a thing when I can be considered an authority simply for having accepted and memorized most of the counter-intuitive spellings, eh? Language, in the long run, is actually largely subject to majority vote, but the educated keep the rest divided and conquered.

Now, Forsaken, I cannot accept what you did with the apostrophe. "yayswords'" or "yayswords's" would have passed, but now I feel like you changed my name to "yaysword". I wish to clarify that while you made me consider if I'd be happy over just a single sword, your adjustment was guided either by spite or ignorance, and I shall allow neither to stand.