About this game...

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: About this game...

Post by jack1974 »

started coding the various location backgrounds (most have little animations). Also some robbery missions. I think I could finish the robbery by end of this month. Then will be all in the hands of writer/artist 8)
As you noticed I also replaced the old SOTW icon in top-right corner (used to access character inventory). It was getting a bit confusing I guess :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So a quick update: as posted on PSCD thread, I made a big step today, testing all the heroes+neutral cards (over 120!!).
I plan to resume working on QoT next week, and will do the robbery missions first and writer will check/edit later.
Which means that once all those are ready, I would have a "full gameplay version" ready to test. Then, the only thing left to do would be to script the romance/plot stuff.
I think a beta before end of year should be possible now (depends mostly on artist/writer).
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

So excited!
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

Looking forward to this. Probably won't beta test, but a beta test usually means a full release is not far off that excites me.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

jack1974 wrote:I think a beta before end of year should be possible now (depends mostly on artist/writer).
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yes. I decided to finish PSCD instead, since for that game had everything ready (indeed is almost done). I could finish QoT this year though, but I want to make sure all CGs are finished first, otherwise no point for me to work on a game if then will be delayed by 6 months waiting for the CGs... :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today I've resumed working on the robbery part of the game. Last time I touched the code was the 26 October...! I had forgot almost everything! :lol:
Taking the "break" (well to work on PSCD! haha) was good though since I remember I was stuck, and now I have made a good amount of progress.
I still don't think any beta will be ready before March or something though. I want to first design several different rooms, add enemies, do some testing, etc. It's a long task and I'll need to pause it when I release PSCD or do other stuff in case there are problems.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

This is the almost-final look of this screen:
added a red cross button on the right of each item so you can delete any target from the list. For now I'm leaving the item there even if you've already robbed, but I think will auto-clear if if you already stole all the gold. There's no much point in keeping a target with 0 gold in the list: even if you want to "grind" for XP, you can always create a new target and get some gold too :lol:

The base robbery mechanics themselves are also done. I need to design the various buildings now and add content. Took less than I expected, though helps when you're focused and not start adding features over features :mrgreen:

I think I could be finished coding with this by end of February, then depends on artists/writer, but mostly artist since I think Forsaken should be at good point already by that date :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Made a blog post today with detailed info on the game status/gameplay features: blog/2016/01/queen-of-thieves-gameplay-update/
Ultralord45
Young scout

Post by Ultralord45 »

If this game does really well, will it receive an expansion or DLC?

I say this because something I find slightly annoying is that with in-game relationships is that there are few if any times where the characters are left to just interact in interesting ways like, say, a TV show: it's mostly just build-up. What I want is something akin to the Wicked Grace scene in DA:I: it's not pertinent to the story, but its fun and charming and you can appreciate the relationships you've built with these characters.

Not just in Queen of Thieves, but in your other games (PS, Loren, Roommates, etc.), I would like to see an epilogue piece with the characters adjusting to life after (I even have some ideas for achievements for the QoT epilogue: 'Bachelorettes' (no romances), 'Triple Date' (Male-only romances), and 'Girls Only/The Fairer Sex' (Female-only romances)).