romance with updated art and names!

Previously known simply as "Undead Lily" or "Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers"
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: romance with updated art and names!

Post by jack1974 »

Inktrap wrote:Everyone looks 1000% hotter and I love it *is disturbingly near to licking the screen* Order!Lily is also super cute with the lolita dress and those legssss *dies of envy*
ROFL, this made my day :lol:
I want to keep Chaos Ace as it is, to have more variety and also I think fits "Chaos" better :) As for the "last swap of characters" I'm discussing with writer today. There are SEVERAL things going on behind the scenes that can't reveal because are spoilers, so we might do a few more adjustments.
But in this case, remember that is not like "you can't romance that character with a male/female MC". It's just a DIFFERENT LOOKING MC!! Consider all the restrictions there were in the original game (with several combos unavailable) and this is already like a big step forward. The writer was willing to do it, without his help no way could have planned so many romance combos :mrgreen:
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Tell the Writer a big thank you from us! And honestly all the characters look a million times better. Although I would love to see the full old drawings of the others just to marvel at the improvements, lol. The only issue I see with having one girl or guy who is romanceable in a group is for people who may not realize that when they get it on steam or some such and then are unpleasantly surprised.
Inktrap
Young scout

Post by Inktrap »

But in this case, remember that is not like "you can't romance that character with a male/female MC". It's just a DIFFERENT LOOKING MC!! Consider all the restrictions there were in the original game (with several combos unavailable) and this is already like a big step forward. The writer was willing to do it, without his help no way could have planned so many romance combos :mrgreen:
Thank you as always for replying, Jack! And THANK THE WRITER FOR US! And the artist, of course. I'm super eager about the romances and I do hope you keep Mercurio in the order faction rofl I'm curious about the whole order/chaos, too. Since the MCs will have different appearances that reflect their alignment, can you tell if their personalities will differ a little as well? I LOVED the Ace/Lily tidbit posted and I assume this will be their personalities either way, but will the order/chaos version present any changes about their attitude? I'm curious about that! (I'm so into Gambaron as well... hng this is so unfair everyone looks GREAT. Of course some characters lean more towards being my type than others, but I definitely feel every one of them is unique and I want to experience every plotline)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'll ask the writer to make a full introduction of each character, so you can get to know them better. He was already planning to do that, using also some excerpt from the writing to make things faster :)
What is cool about this game, is that each character has a "backstory". So when you get to know them, not only you get closer unlocking potential romance, but you also discover their past :)
thenoun
Young scout

Post by thenoun »

I kind of regret pointing out the unbalance now :lol: It seems that I caused some trouble for the writer.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No no, it wasn't for that, beside what you said we had other issues, so had to think about it more carefully.
Loren 2 romances for example were redone like 9-10 times, we were thinking about who could romance who for 2 weeks :mrgreen: it's something that is naturally complex in this kind of games, trying to make everyone happy, the romances different, the personalities unique, etc.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

The teams are going to stay like that?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Will discuss with writer in those days :) But not BIG changes, maybe just 1-2 character swap max.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK all right, after talking with writer we found a solution that should make things works. Surprisingly, the last image I posted is the right one, so didn't had to make any more changes! :)
OhHaiMe
Young scout

Post by OhHaiMe »

Looks like an ...Interesting mix now.
I look forward to seeing how the characters are developed now that it's not just "This group is all the dark palette characters and this one is all lighter."