Still in the making, or?

Previously known simply as "Undead Lily" or "Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers"
CladInPink
Young scout

Still in the making, or?

Post by CladInPink »

I was wondering if this game was still being developed or if it's been postponed. Or maybe even dropped?

It sounds pretty interesting, especially with all the different romance options and such, so it'd be a real shame if it had been dropped or something like that. If not, when is the due release date?
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Still in the making, or?

Post by jack1974 »

The game is on hiatus at the moment. I decided to pause it because had too many games going on. The backgrounds are almost done, but the main problem is the gameplay. I wanted to make something more action like "Kongai" a turn based battle game made in Flash. I will finish it of course, I just need to think in which direction to take the gameplay (and also finish writing the story). I have no clue when will be released though, since there are more important games first (like Planet Stronghold 2).
acesahn
Young scout

Post by acesahn »

I dont know why you say Planet Stronghold 2 is more important, this game looks gorgeous from the surface! The characters are all so colorful and unique (Especially the women <3) I cant wait to play this! There hasnt been anything new here on WWs for awhile now I REALLY hope you finish this one, looks right up my alley since Im a huge fan of the serious, mature plots like in Loren.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well PS2 is more important because is a sequel of a moderately successful game. With this one I have no guarantees about how it will be received.
Also, the game won't be probably very "serious", considering the art style. While I'll leave a lot of freedom to the writer, the game setting is quite unique, bizarre, but not really serious I think...
acesahn
Young scout

Post by acesahn »

Gotcha, and I didnt mean to knock PS2 or even PS1 but the games from Winter wolves have dont nothing but get better. PS1 was great for its time but compared to Loren and what I sure will be great the future PS2, to me it only served as the introduction to your guys talent when it comes to story telling. So in short, I think you guys are way more confident and ambitious now! (Still liked PS1) I'm rootin for this game already just from the character and new combat animation (what a great idea! PS1 and even Loren's combat got old, some character animation seems like the way of the future for your visual novel RPG games)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, but just to be clear there is no character animation during combat. There are only different battle poses, and floating sprites. Just one fully animated 2d character in fighting poses could cost hundreds dollars to create, and since there are so many characters, is slightly above my financial capabilities :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Short update, we started draw the creatures/cards. The current plan is 10 creatures, +2 "special" ones, for the six elements. So 72 cards to collect, should provide a good variety :) Of course, no estimate release or anything since artist just started drawing those and writing has yet to begin!
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

So this is the sixth RPG in the making, beside "a few" dating sims... Or the seventh, if you count the two Loren 2-parts. You sure have a lot to do.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, maybe too much :lol: I'm taking it slower from now on (which doesn't mean will GO slower). I recently was sick, and it's quite rare for me (I usually get sick max once a year) and today just after managing 5-6 things at once felt bad again. The doctor said that might simply be too much stressed (overworking myself). So I'm taking it slower, because if then I get sick I go even more slow, so... :mrgreen:
So this was just an update. The games I'm actively working now are Nicole, Roommates and SOTW. All the others are "progressing" but mainly depends on other people that work for me.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

I hope you feel better soon. And if in doubt, you should listen to the doctor. I know we are often impatient, crying "let us play now!"... but sometimes if you try to force yourself too soon after an illness, it becomes much worse. Like it happened to me a few years back. I should have waited a few more days, instead I lost a few weeks :cry: Which would not help any of us if it happened to you. If you get sick, and there is a delay of a few days because of it: thats just life for you. We know you are trying to bring us the fun games at the times you promised.

Maybe that did sound a bit too protective or something, but well... I hope you know what I try to say.