Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers romance options

Previously known simply as "Undead Lily" or "Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers"
Elmsdor
Young scout

Re: Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers romance options

Post by Elmsdor »

Although I'm generally a good aligned player, what happened to the charts? :shock:

Oh, what do you mean by no 'Cross-Alignment' relationships? Half of that is fun, unless there is a powerful reason behind it? I mirror Pysali's thought too.

I'd assumed most of the other heroes have static alignments and the PC would have to define one for the later part of the story?

I was about to comment that Female Good Life only has passion for Evil Death, which made me go, wha? :P

Cheers.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I need to explain more the reasons indeed :)
Since this is primarily a strategy game with RPG, the game takes place in a sort of chessboard (who remembers the awesome game Archon for C64?). As each team conquer a "cell", which is a sort of virtual zone in the Limbo, the team increases power.
The heroes though can either teleport or move from the headquarters to the battlefield, but would be practically impossible for plot reasons for the LEADER of the opponent team to "infiltrate" in the enemy base. While a secondary character could come into Lily's base, would still be weird since they're at war :lol:
It wasn't an easy decision of course, I would have liked for example Lily Good and Angel (life good), or Ace Good and SuperFoxy (Air good), but I was running out of ideas and budget! is my most expensive game to date, think that just in the first game there are 10 romance ending CGs beside animated backgrounds, battle poses, etc!
In the second/alternate version, Ace's Revenge, you can have different combinations, even if you play as male, there are some that could be interesting I think.
Elmsdor
Young scout

Post by Elmsdor »

Hah, I can appreciate that kind of battleground, where the pro/antogonists are fighting for territory in some defined area yes? Although, I need to see an idea on this reinforcement/infiltration system.

Oh I assume the teleporting about are the dialogue times? :) You mentioned secondaries.

Oh promising, are you saying, the expansion will also add more lines for existing relationships AS well as add in Ace? Or you only play as Ace? Agreed, I was looking forward to Good Lily + Angel but that's something to wait and cheer on then ;) Budget and timing are always key.

I like how this is shaping up to something I like too. Intrigue. But in a more heroic fashion, unlike our politicians! :P

Cheers.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Elmsdor wrote:Oh I assume the teleporting about are the dialogue times?
There are 10 scenes each hero. 5 of them will happen in the headquarters (every hero will have his/her own room). Other 5 will happens while visiting the battlefield/traveling to battles. So player will need to find out the combination hero+battlefield to unlock those 5 extra scenes :wink:
Elmsdor wrote:Oh promising, are you saying, the expansion will also add more lines for existing relationships AS well as add in Ace? Or you only play as Ace?
The other will be a separate fullgame, so not really an expansion, more like in the first you play as Lily (female) while in second you play as Ace (male). In the second there won't be extra lines for Lily since you won't be able to play as her.
Obviously if the game does well can consider adding expansion or DLC or other stuff like that! 8)
Elmsdor
Young scout

Post by Elmsdor »

Aye that's what I thought, two different games and alter egos altogether, and fingers crossed too ;)

But wait, that means the Life and Death heroes will never interact in a romantic way? :o Particular for Lily if we don't revisit her.

And finding out the dialogue triggers will be fun, can't wait ;)

Cheers.
pysali
Young scout

Post by pysali »

Okay that makes a lot of sense, both in budget/time constraints and for purposes of playing if they never have a neutral area where they can interact they don't have the chance to develop anything more than some offhanded comment about finding someone attractive. And like you said if it does well, there's nothing to stop DLC or an expansion to include the missing relationship options or have a neutral zone where other relationships can develop or even just some special subplot that includes a threat so huge that it can only be defeated by combining squads!

I'm excited to know there will be two separate, but parallel? games from both leaders points of view. With all the art you're getting/time you're investing it makes sense to use it across two games, it adds to the in-game universe and overall story and it's nice to see how the squad members attitudes and personalities towards each leader change depending on which game you're playing as well as which side you're on.

I agree with Elmsdor about it shaping up to have some intrigue and that's really interesting and the idea of having to figure out how to find all the hidden romance scenes will add to the sense of community and drive completionists crazy (in a good way) especially if it's reflected in things like trophies.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Elmsdor wrote: But wait, that means the Life and Death heroes will never interact in a romantic way? :o Particular for Lily if we don't revisit her.
The Evil Lily will interact with Evil Life (Alpha). The Good Ace will interact with Angel (Good Life) and Evil Ace with Evil Life (Alpha).
The only missing combo is the GxG Good Lily and Angel. But to do that I'd have had to sacrifice either Aquaria or SuperFoxy... and couldn't (SuperFoxy romance has been already written for example).

Some anticipation of the dialogue in the game where both the life heroes are first introduced:
Mantras “These two are the good and evil avengers of the life element, Angel and Alpha.”

“Angel’s eyes settled upon me immediately and she walked over to stand beside me. Alpha, on the other hand, walked over to stand near Ace. It seemed as though they knew which group they belonged to.”

Angel “Hello, Lily. I was a volunteer for humanitarian missions in warzones. I was often stationed very close to the frontlines in battles, but it was always my priority to save lives.”

Undead Lily “Glad to have you with us.”

“Angel nodded in response, her expression imperturbable.”

“Ace nodded to Alpha, expecting a similar introduction.”

Alpha “I was a medic practicing euthanasia when I was alive.”

Ace “Hope you’ll be able to keep up with us.”

Alpha “You needn’t be concerned with that.”

Superfoxy “Wait a minute. How is it possible that a Death avenger can be good, or a Life avenger evil? It just doesn’t add up.”

Mantras “The Death and Life elements only refer to the special powers the individuals has at their disposal. For example, a Death avenger can give life back to a creature using their power to raise the dead. It can return the life into a fallen body. In reverse, a life avenger can destroy a creature using a banishing spell.”

Superfoxy “I see…”
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

pysali wrote:And like you said if it does well, there's nothing to stop DLC or an expansion to include the missing relationship options or have a neutral zone where other relationships can develop or even just some special subplot that includes a threat so huge that it can only be defeated by combining squads!
Yes as said above I'd definitely like to do a DLC/add-on with:
Good Lily & Angel
Evil Lily and Kraken (the Male Water element. He has FOUR arms! hehe)
Maybe somehow (like introducing a new winning/losing condition in the game) even Lily / Ace romance with all combination possible

But for now will just finish the main games and see how it does!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I decided that the "Evil" version of Ace wasn't really EVIL but more like HORROR MOVIE :lol: which are two different things (you can be Evil but still look good/attractive!!). So asked artist to change him and this is the result:
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

He definitely looks evil. Kudos to the artist.

very respectfully,
fleet