Undead work in progress....

Previously known simply as "Undead Lily" or "Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers"
Svanhildr
Young scout

Re: Undead work in progress....

Post by Svanhildr »

I'm glad to hear that this game is about to come back from the latest blog entry :) I find this game rather fascinating!
Meep :3
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, just to be clear it means I'll resume working on it since I have almost all the assets, not that is about to be finished! :mrgreen:
MrEnvy8
Official writer

Post by MrEnvy8 »

Hmm... so if all the artwork is done, then I guess the design and the writing are what's left. Who'd you get to write this one? Probably some sucker. Well, I trust you picked well. Whoever it is, I'm sure they're certainly talented, well written, and probably handsome and with really nice hair. That's my guess anyway.

Looking forward to more coming out about this game as it progresses!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well someone who can write fun dialogues for sure since this game premise is completely CRAZY :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So the current plan is to have the superheroes summon creatures related to their element. Each superhero will have different creatures, and it will work in a similar way to a CCG (collectible card game). I'm thinking about 7 avatars each which would mean 84 unique creatures (some common, others rare) to use on the battle field. Should be interesting, but as always need first to try making some prototypes to see how it works :mrgreen:
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

Then I suggest you let him/her play the Monkey Island series prior to writing the script :D
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Started making some mockups and designing the battle rules. It should be more RPG-card than a pure RPG. Still turn-based, but I am thinking to go a way like the game Spectromancer, where all your avatars move in alternate turns.
the biggest problem is that the backgrounds were done to work as a tag team 1 vs 1 battle, so not really to fit two opposing factions of avatars. I tried duplicating the lower layer, so there should the two rows like in Loren's layout (blue arrows). However for practical reason I must have the player and the enemy AI on the sides (left/right). So I'm thinking to have the units face the same way as the characters (red arrows).
In the second case though there isn't much space for many avatars, I think could be two on each side, there could be a front/back row too of course, but a bit problematic. So I'm trying to find a solution right now... :o
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

You have no idea how awesome I think just this simple screen looks! I adore collectible card games.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, though technically will on the screen be shown some avatars and not cards. I think, not sure yet :lol:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

The picture just for some reason tells me that there will be a collectible and customizable card game coming out from Winter Wolves, and I very much want one of those! Hopefully more balanced and interesting than Northmark: Hour of the Wolf, which was extremely unbalanced and where the story suddenly went nowhere and ended.

If such a game is coming, I'm all excited! If it's a silly or overly dramatized superhero game, I'm even more excited!! If it's even remotely reminescent of Super Hero League of Hoboken, I'm going to explode from excitement!!!