Undead work in progress....

Previously known simply as "Undead Lily" or "Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers"
fleetp
Druid

Re: Undead work in progress....

Post by fleetp »

I'm glad you like the suggestion for the name. I think it's a good idea to call him just "Ace" after first identifying him by his full name.
I would suggest that you change the card he's showing to either the ace of spades or the ace of clubs.
very respectfully,
fleet
charonn
Young scout

Post by charonn »

I'm not sure if the left picture is supposed to be the "good" and the right the "bad", but I like the left image better. I love games where you can be evil/ have evil endings, but the character on the right doesn't look evil to me XDD. Just looks like a succubus. I think one can look evil without looking like a succubus 0-0, but I guess sex sells. I like the skull belt on the left image, and think it overall looks better :).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

yes exact, left=good and right=evil. I like the evil version more too :D
charonn wrote:the character on the right doesn't look evil to me XDD. Just looks like a succubus.
according to the myth (wikipedia quote):
In folklore traced back to medieval legend, a succubus (plural succubi) is a female demon appearing in dreams who takes the form of a human woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual intercourse. The male counterpart is the incubus. Religious traditions hold that repeated intercourse with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or even death.
that sounds like EVIL to me!!!!!! :lol:
charonn
Young scout

Post by charonn »

Lol no that's just ancient folklore and an excuse for under-dressed women! I truly evil woman can seduce a man with ALL of her clothes on :twisted: :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well I agree on this one. But still I needed a cool costume/setting for the Evil Lily and I think was a good choice 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

this is Ace in "good" version. Nice dagger! :D
Even if there's a lot of art to do, is very likely that this game will be my next RPG to come out. I have yet to see if I can even attempt doing some battle animations, or if I'll "only" use lots of different poses :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

this is a work-in-progress of the character info screen. It will be simplified vs Planet Stronghold one, since this is a RPG/strategy/VN hybrid :mrgreen: but will feature drag&drop and still lots of customization possible for characters. I think the font looks cool, but any opinion is welcome 8)
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

I can easily read the font, which is the only important thing about font selection to me.

I'd really like to see more pictures of Lily. :twisted:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

here you are :D the "evil" version is super-hot haha
I am yet not sure about the skills system, is just a placeholder for now. I'd like to use a skill-tree like the one of Dragon Age 2. Though probably Skills will be like that (the statistics/attributes) and powers will be like DA2 skill-trees.
I've also decided, if the artist keep going at this pace, that each superhero will be able to summon different minions in battle, based on their element, ie Lily will summon skeletons, zombies, etc 8)
SpectralTime
Woods ranger

Post by SpectralTime »

Sounds like a decent plan! Hope it's not too very hard on you.

Have you considered giving Evil!Lily a different name, like Big Blind/Aces 'n Eights? I think I've got some examples around here somewhere...