Loren beta 1.3.4

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
Karanthir
Young scout

Re: Loren beta 1.3.4

Post by Karanthir »

I think that i found a bug. I have 6 characters with 5 hearts, but in chapter 4, game automatically chose Myrth. I can't chose myself interesting romance.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

That's how it always worked since the game release (3 years), I don't think is a bug :) If you want to choose a character the best solution is to not romance them all (there are some jealousy scenes which will force you to pick one though).
Karanthir
Young scout

Post by Karanthir »

I finished chapter 3 without jealousy scenes :) Maybe this is problem?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Don't think so, sorry but has been 3 years since I finished that game so I don't remember the details now :) but I remember that didn't seem an issue when I released the game. In my latest game PSCD I have jealousy scenes for all romance combinations but that was an insane effort by the writer :P
Karanthir
Young scout

Post by Karanthir »

Well, i found way how to avoid jealousy scenes and have romance with all 6 characters :-D
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

jack1974 wrote:Don't think so, sorry but has been 3 years since I finished that game so I don't remember the details now :) but I remember that didn't seem an issue when I released the game. In my latest game PSCD I have jealousy scenes for all romance combinations but that was an insane effort by the writer :P

BUT IT WAS SO WORTH IT!!!!! *______*

(at least for me! I wish there was something like in Loren 2 xD or at least with some characters... Ooooor even a huge catfight with all the romances puling eachother hairs and your haracter having to choose between all that very angry people XD it would be glorious!)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Madance wrote:BUT IT WAS SO WORTH IT!!!!! *______*
(at least for me! I wish there was something like in Loren 2 xD or at least with some characters... Ooooor even a huge catfight with all the romances puling eachother hairs and your haracter having to choose between all that very angry people XD it would be glorious!)
Love Bites does have individual jealousy scenes for each romance option, and the wording is different on Kaitlyn's path versus Brandon's path.

However, just from personal experience, making individualized jealousy dialogues between multiple NPCs becomes very unwieldy when there is more than 4. With 4, then one only needs six dialogues (3+2+1). With 5 romances, that number jumps to 10. It is still doable, but if you are trying to make equal numbers of G and B romances, then you would have to go with 6 romances (3 female, 3 male)...and that suddenly becomes 15.

It is fine for a big team to do it, much tougher for a smaller group.
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Hum... Maybe if it is sort of a generic scene. Something like it was made in the first Loren game, there was some key combinations that were dignified with a catfight scene, but the others were more simple and adaptable.
lloyd1191
Young scout

Post by lloyd1191 »

Hello, I've been trying to load the newest version of Loren, but it says that the link was not found. Where can I download the new version? Thanks in advance.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I host the games on itch.io now, so it's here:
https://winter-wolves.itch.io/loren-the-amazon-princess
if you email me I can send you an itch.io key. I need to upload the demo there, but had no time :oops: