Epilogue Question *lots of spoilers*

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
Corellius
Young scout

Epilogue Question *lots of spoilers*

Post by Corellius »

Hey guys, just picked up this game a few days ago off of a Steam sale and have thoroughly enjoyed it so far, so much so that I just completed my second playthrough a couple hours ago. I apologize for the length of this post, but I've got a question that's been bugging me since that second completion: what are the conditions for getting the very final scene where
Spoiler:
the screen goes white and your love interest welcomes you presumably into Elysium by calling your name(happens right after the protagonist as the monk prepares for a "deep, deep sleep" and right before the credits roll)?
I got the scene on my very first playthrough where I went (probably as most people did) SarenxLoren, recruited everyone and completed all the personal quests,
Spoiler:
had Sauzer absorb Zeal's essence and then be the one to kill Fost
, got everyone through the Underrealm, and did not get a single point of affection from any other potential LI's.

Now on my second playthrough, this time as Elenor, I decided to put on story mode and then do some experimentation, so I romanced both Karen and Loren and then waited with doing
Spoiler:
Zeal's quest
and making the final choice between Loren and Karen until the very end of Chapter III so I could save there and see all the various endings
Spoiler:
(mainly the three sacrifices, Zeal killing Fost himself and seeing how they are affected by romancing either Karen or Loren)
. But strangely enough, no matter what ending I chose, I didn't get that same
Spoiler:
white light/welcoming to Elysium scene
. I went back and made sure that I had done all of the companion quests and that there were no loose ends, since I figured it might be the "perfect ending" reward, like you when you beat Halo on Legendary. But that didn't change anything.

Anyway, long story short: does anyone know what triggers that scene? I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, but I am rather curious about why it shows up only under certain conditions and not quite prepared to start yet another playthrough to fully test it out. My guess is that it's either because
Spoiler:
I didn't stay loyal to my LI with Elenor (i.e. I got 5 affection with both Karen and Loren) whereas Saren had eyes only for Loren
or that scene is for some reason exclusive to Saren (hints at Saren being the canon choice?).
Corellius
Young scout

Re: Epilogue Question *lots of spoilers*

Post by Corellius »

Well, for those of you who are curious, I think I've got it figured out. Again, plot spoilers ahead, look at your own risk.
Spoiler:
I took the easy way out and downloaded a RenPy decompiler (just idle curiosity, I swear I'm not going to do any copyright infringement!) and then opened up the source code for chapter 4. If I'm reading it correctly, the white light/Elysium scene only triggers if you did not gain any affection whatsoever from anyone other than your designated love interest. The if clause which contains the scene requires that the 'romances_any' variable be less than 2, and that variable is increased by 1 for each person who you have 1 or more affection points with. So, the moral of this story is: don't be a cheat, or else you won't get into heaven. I know I certainly felt guilty as sin when Loren and Karen got into a fight on account of Elenor.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes correct :)
gamesempie
Young scout

Post by gamesempie »

Ooh thanks I never even thought of only romancing one character :mrgreen: looks like I need to do another LtAP run through
canyonaz
Young scout

Post by canyonaz »

Wow. I loved the rival/argument scenes so much that I never even considered playing it the other way. Visual novels and RPGs with multiple romance paths have destroyed me. :oops:
aeroprism
Young scout

Post by aeroprism »

Heeh that's so cool! I need to replay the game and romance Myrth exclusively then, I want to see that scene!