RPGamer review

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
abnaxus
Woods ranger

RPGamer review

Post by abnaxus »

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/indie/lore ... trev1.html

It's nice to see a review on a relatively big site. I guess because of Steam/GoG Winter Wolves games are getting a lot more exposure?

I like this part
With the current fantasy trends going towards more dark fantasy worlds such as in Dragon Age and The Witcher, Loren The Amazon Princess' setting feels like a bit of fresh air.
10-15 years ago, it would've been the opposite. The fantasy market is indeed getting oversaturated with the so-called mature, dark fantasy.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: RPGamer review

Post by jack1974 »

Well GoG has nothing to do with it since my games aren't there :mrgreen:
They reviewed even Planet Stronghold time ago, when it wasn't on Steam either.
And yes I've read the review, spoke with the reviewer on twitter and said that the "Mostly lacks challenge" problem was fixed in the next game (SOTW) :)
Milana Walters
Young scout

Post by Milana Walters »

I didnt see any topic for impressions of the game, hope its alright to post here.

I was really disappointed with this game. I hated Loren and all her enslaving nation, and since she was pretty much the main character, i couldnt make myself to finish.
And the protagonist pretty much acts like a puppy around her, i wanted them to have their own will, but every dialogue choices is their liking to be a slave and defending Loren and the Citadel...eww...not interested in playing as a floor rag.

One more thing- i dont understand the need to add homophobia in a fantasy game...its not like the game is based on the real historical world.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Sorry that you didn't like the game, which is surprising considering it's my most famous and popular game ever (like, by a wide wide margin compared to anything I've done after it). If you kept playing you'd have seen how things changes towards the end, and how Loren changes the Amazon society after centuries of slavery and prejudices.
Harbinger1975
Young scout

Post by Harbinger1975 »

Milana Walters wrote:I didnt see any topic for impressions of the game, hope its alright to post here.

I was really disappointed with this game. I hated Loren and all her enslaving nation, and since she was pretty much the main character, i couldnt make myself to finish.
And the protagonist pretty much acts like a puppy around her, i wanted them to have their own will, but every dialogue choices is their liking to be a slave and defending Loren and the Citadel...eww...not interested in playing as a floor rag.

One more thing- i dont understand the need to add homophobia in a fantasy game...its not like the game is based on the real historical world.
Then I pose these qusetions to you Milana. Why does the sun shine? Why does the wind blow? Why do trees lose their leaves?

It's because it is how it is supposed to happen. Like in Loren. Why did the Amazons enslave men? Well, why did the Amazons in the Wonder Woman comics hate men? Because they were stronger. They were powerful. The same applies here. The Amazons of Aravorn are powerful. Men don't really have a place in their society. They don't want to cast them out to die. So they are put in a certain pecking order. Why did the protagonist follow them around, doing what they told them and defending their Queen? Because that is there culture. Their beliefs. How they were raised.

As for the homophobia, there has to be a conflict of belief. But as Jack says, it all changes in the end. For both things.
"Direct intervention is necessary. Assuming direct control."
Milana Walters
Young scout

Post by Milana Walters »

jack1974 wrote:Sorry that you didn't like the game, which is surprising considering it's my most famous and popular game ever (like, by a wide wide margin compared to anything I've done after it). If you kept playing you'd have seen how things changes towards the end, and how Loren changes the Amazon society after centuries of slavery and prejudices.
well i guess the popularity comes from the very suggestive way women are looking in this game.Though yea men are the same way, but they are not having that much of spotlight.
And i guess maybe the genre(old school rpg) has something to do with it too. I like rpgs of a bigger scale though,like bioware ones.
Harbinger1975 wrote:Then I pose these qusetions to you Milana. Why does the sun shine? Why does the wind blow? Why do trees lose their leaves
I dont understand how what you saying has anything to do with this game. I just express my opinion, if thats how its supposed to be in Loren, fine, but it doesnt mean im supposed to like it. I dont mind npcs being like that, but not the main character, whom we cant disagree on anything or get rid of.

regarding homophobia, i prefer it not being in the game at all, i understand thats unrealistic, but if i wanted realistic id watch the news. mb thats why i like sci-fi genre more, considering author believes it to be non-existent or at least not much in the future. and isnt there a lot of conflicts of interests in the game already? "has to be one" lol