Cannot Load Save Files

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
Ruise1227
Young scout

Cannot Load Save Files

Post by Ruise1227 »

re-posted from Steam:

Hey all, I've got to ask for help. See, my computer recently crashed and needed the hard drive replaced. Ever since then, even when I use the Loren Amazon Princess game from my old hard drive using an enclosure, I can't access my old save files. I have what appear to be my old save files under users/appdata/renpy/lorenamazonprincess, and the game just isn't utilizing them, somehow? Any advice would be much appreciated.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Cannot Load Save Files

Post by jack1974 »

Make sure they are under the folders listed here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2971
Ruise1227
Young scout

Post by Ruise1227 »

They are...it seems. And if I try to open one with Loren Amazon Princess I get an error message,

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
WindowsError: [Error 267] The directory name is invalid: u'C:\\Users\\Victoria\\AppData\\Local\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Temporary Internet Files\\Virtualized\\C\\Users\\Victoria\\AppData\\Roaming\\RenPy\\Loren_Amazon_Princess\\1-1-LT1.save\\*.*'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Loren Amazon Princess\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 265, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Loren Amazon Princess\renpy\main.py", line 164, in main
for fn in os.listdir(dir):
WindowsError: [Error 267] The directory name is invalid: u'C:\\Users\\Victoria\\AppData\\Local\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Temporary Internet Files\\Virtualized\\C\\Users\\Victoria\\AppData\\Roaming\\RenPy\\Loren_Amazon_Princess\\1-1-LT1.save\\*.*'

Windows-post2008Server-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.15.7.374
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes because you're using some virtualization tech or unzipping the file directly in the Windows temporary folder. That's not "normal" :lol:
Ruise1227
Young scout

Post by Ruise1227 »

I really don't know what you're saying, jack. If it worked when opening the game the normal way, there wouldn't be a problem. Therefore, I tried to find a way around it and no luck there either. The save files are in the location you mentioned. The game is in program files -> winter wolves -> loren amazon princess. I cannot load any of my old save files on it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The path in the message is invalid. A "normal" path looks like:
c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Loren_Amazon_Princess\
Ruise1227
Young scout

Post by Ruise1227 »

Okay I just reclaimed my latest save by figuring out where the new saves from the latest download were going (it was somewhere completely different), then sticking the file in that location. It was pretty easy.