Loren version 1.3.0

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
Anima_
Druid

Re: Loren version 1.3.0

Post by Anima_ »

The text reads that you can use Lorens Guard skill to protect Saren, that has nothing to do with the fact that a thief has no Guard skill.
Guard is part of the Warrior class, so it is available to the player if she so chooses.
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

Anima_ wrote:Guard is part of the Warrior class, so it is available to the player if she so chooses.
you have access to a different Loren than I ;)

Warrior skill tree here(tm) consists of:
- Toughness
- Taunt
- Power Attack
- Stun
- Push
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

It's not in the tree, it's part of the class. Believe me, I sneaked that action in.
Actually don't believe me. Start the game, choose Saren as Thief and put him in the backrow. On Lorens turn click on Saren and you get the Guard action as an option.
Last edited by Anima_ on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Part-time emotionless AI
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

yapp, I was wrong [I will wear sackcloth and ashes until you forgive me :P]

Though it took your vehement contra until I got it - skills not found in the skill GUI are irritating...
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

Nothing to forgive there.
The feature is unfortunately a bit poorly communicated. The skilltree is a bit inflexible, so there was no place to put the Guard action.
It's unfortunately missing from the class description as well. Though we've already established that no one reads those anyway. :wink:
Part-time emotionless AI
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes is a bit confusing :mrgreen: is a bit like the Normal shot and Aimed Shot, or Use Item or Defend. Are default actions, but that one is more complex so you could easily misunderstand it as a real skill.
Indeed for SOTW I removed it from being available to everyone, and only some specific character can use it (PC Ranger and Krimm). Will be interesting from gameplay point of view I think... :)
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

I'm toying with making it a regular skill for Warriors and Healers in ToA:RoW. With the ability to upgrade it and take less damage from guarding.
That should also prevent this confusion.
Part-time emotionless AI
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

I would appreciate it - the "workflow" for every skill should be identical, different approaches for similar actions are confusing.

PS New bug :) Sometimes the party drag&drop doesn't work, the character icon is stuck between the slots (I cannot describe it better). Don't ask me how to reproduce it but this happened never in 1.2.9

-------------------

A few minutes later...
The "cutscene" at the beginning of chapter 3 has also the "Image 'bg' can't take parameters 'castle int'." Though this is most likely fixed in your development version?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes the castle int was a new bug of latest renpy, when you used a keyword command it would wrongly interpret it (int stands for integer in coding). I had fixed it myself renaming the image but has been fixed also in Ren'Py itself.
About the drag&drop bug I have no clue, here seems to work fine, but since I'm using the new version for SOTW too, when I begin that demo if is a frequent bug for sure will get more reports. I might also remove the drag&drop completely and just use two clicks to make your formation since probably is faster :)
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

You need a ticketing system - Bugzilla* is so much better for filing and tracking issues

It seems that 1.3.0 doesn't use the platform specific folder for save files (on Linux: <userhome>/.renpy/Loren_Amazon_Princess) but creates a directory below the installation folder (<instdir>/game/saves).

I very much prefer the first way as user-specific files must not placed in a common folder and normally system folders are not user-writable.

*) I would even prefer Trac (*bargs*) over a forum :)