Loren maxed skills?

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
ChrisFFXI
Young scout

Loren maxed skills?

Post by ChrisFFXI »

Hello, and sorry if this has been asked, I couldn't find anything on the subject. But I just downloaded version 1.2.9. and started a new game, and Loren starts with all of her skills obtained. This makes it impossible to do anything when she levels up, since you have to distribute skills. Anyone else having this weird bug, or know how I can fix it (preferably without having to do a complete uninstall and wipe out my saved games)?

(Also sorry if this thread was posted twice).
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Loren maxed skills?

Post by jack1974 »

That happens only if you messed up with the code somehow and activated a cheat mode. So I honestly don't know how you did that, where/when did you buy the game?
ChrisFFXI
Young scout

Post by ChrisFFXI »

I bought it a long time ago, when it first came out I think. The old version I have is 1.0, and then I recently downloaded 1.2.9 when I thought to check for an update. And you're right - I saw the new cheats and did the 'Battle' one, along with the others, to see what they were about. That brought me into an endless loop of battles, and I noticed that all the characters had all their skills. But only Loren keeps all of her skills whenever I start a new game, none of the other characters have them.

Although, I just tried it out again to see if anything had changed, and it seems to have fixed itself - Loren doesn't have all her skills or anything when I start a new game. Maybe it's because I deleted the saved game where I tried out all those cheats, like having that game somehow made it so that it effected all other games? I have no idea.

Sorry for wasting your time! Looks like everything's okay now. Definitely staying away from that Battle cheat though!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes the cheat variable was stored, so when you deleted the saves it fixed itself :)
Ixionos
Young scout

Post by Ixionos »

I'm having the same problem with Loren having all skills maxed out after updating to 1.2.9 and I didn't even use cheats. I deleted all saves (including auto saves), uninstalled the game, cleaned the registry with CCleaner, installed 1.2.9 again and I'm STILL stuck at the level up menu for Loren. Need help for this! :(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The thing to delete is the persistent file, if you do that will also reset achievements and registration, but is the only way.
Makes me wonder how you got the cheat activated, really :shock:
Ixionos
Young scout

Post by Ixionos »

I did what you suggested and it worked. As for how I got the cheat activated, I simply pressed C and the cheat menu appeared. Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah OK, looks like I forgot to remove that in the live version, will fix it now :mrgreen: