Steam testing begins!

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
4LeafClover
Young scout

Re: Steam testing begins!

Post by 4LeafClover »

First off, a hearty Congratulations! Second question, if I do not want to get the Steam version but I want to make sure I got the latest version of Loren, do I just download the full game client again from your site? It will continue to recognize I bought it already?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, will keep the settings and saves :)
abnaxus
Woods ranger

Post by abnaxus »

Is a sudden spike in sales expected now Loren is up on Steam? If nothing else, it leads to good word of mouth.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Not particularly, most people will buy directly from Steam :) but is not a bad thing!
lunasmeow
Young scout

Post by lunasmeow »

I posted something about this in another thread, but with the game going on steam, would the team be up for another add-on? I always wanted to be able to play a version where Jul's seduction *worked* because the main char was angry about growing up as a slave, didn't like how the Loren treated him/her (obviously before she gets into a romance with the char) and finally saw a chance to really be free, even if it meant joining the bad guys.
lunasmeow
Young scout

Post by lunasmeow »

Could I get a steam key sent to me as well? I'm about to replay this game.
abnaxus
Woods ranger

Post by abnaxus »

Do developers get information on sales from Valve?

Currently Loren is in top 50, I guess that's good?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

lunasmeow wrote:Could I get a steam key sent to me as well? I'm about to replay this game.
Sent the key by email just now!
abnaxus wrote:Do developers get information on sales from Valve?

Currently Loren is in top 50, I guess that's good?
Yes of course I get information :lol: Loren peaked at 20th place 2 days ago, which is surprisingly good considering it was, like all my games, ignored by press and media. Maybe I managed to convince some more open minded journalists to review it though :mrgreen:
megaman12321
Young scout

Post by megaman12321 »

You'd be surprised how many people want a good VN experience. Might have to do with the title's "Amazon" in it. That and lots of Winter Wolves stuff is in the Greenlight list and Steam people look through the stuff. If sales are as good as you guys see it, this might have your other games put through alot quicker
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

megaman12321 wrote:You'd be surprised how many people want a good VN experience. Might have to do with the title's "Amazon" in it. That and lots of Winter Wolves stuff is in the Greenlight list and Steam people look through the stuff. If sales are as good as you guys see it, this might have your other games put through alot quicker
I do hope some of the other stuff passes Greenlight as well. I have a couple friends who have enjoyed Loren, but wouldn't get it before it was on Steam.

Myself, I do find myself purchasing direct from the site. Helps the developer, gets access to the OST (when there is one...older games don't have it), and faster access to stuff.

This is not a knock on Steam by the way :D The only complaint I may have is if all the other stuff gets approved in a hurry, Jack1974 is going to be bound up with getting things ready for a Steam release. On the bright side, I don't foresee any worries about censoring on the other stuff.