The Codex

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
ill_intent
Young scout

Re: The Codex

Post by ill_intent »

Forgive me if this was already answered and I just missed it.

After finishing the game, I've found the general reasoning behind Fost being the villain/wanting to conquer/destroy the world rather weak. The dlc did finally add a tiny bit of dimension to the Death Knights but over-all there is no really defining moment where you really feel Fost is truly a unique villain. Some will not agree but considering how many times there is dialogue (and even more added here in the Codex area) about how grey the concept of demons being evil is, this is an aspect of the story that really needs to be covered. It's just a whole bunch of "we've fought him before and he's really dangerous".

This wouldn't really be an issue EXCEPT that the time was taken to do scenes of him in his lair talking and "MWA HA AH-ing". If a story is going to show things from the villain's perspective, it really has to show at least a little of what's going on in his head. Take a look at any great story, be it book, movie, comic or whatever.....and you will find almost every single one of the "most loved, best of the best" have just as many fans of the villain as they do the hero.

Hopefully, this is something that gets fleshed out in the sequel.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

In the sequel the demons will be shown under a different perspective, not "they're all evil", but there are "grey characters". But Fost won't be mentioned. Maybe I'll do a PREQUEL instead explaining why Fost became so evil, but not anytime soon :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:But Fost won't be mentioned. Maybe I'll do a PREQUEL instead explaining why Fost became so evil, but not anytime soon :)
I blame Mother Morte myself. If she hadn't spurned him way back when... ;)
megaman12321
Young scout

Post by megaman12321 »

jack1974 wrote:There are unconfirmed rumors that there might be an exploration part to gather ingredients for the alchemy recipes with RPG battles (nothing complex, but something like the Atelier series). But I am not sure if it's official (aka if I'll manage to add that, but I'll try) :lol:
You could look up Recettear as a reference. You play as a cutesy merchant trying to repay your father's debt after he disappeared in a adventure. You can meet adventurers who become your avatar/guardian inside dungeons who can get you stuff in the dungeons as you tag along. It's a pretty fun indie game.

My question, what exactly was the dark elves first contract with the demons? Was it for something noble or for more power? Did they go on a killing spree? Were they all like Mesphit is?

Also, the codex is missing some stuff on the dwarfs and the Temple of Truth. I kind of wish we could see the differences in demon ranks, cause I want to know exactly where the hellhounds lay, since they obviously can be friendly if Trouble is any indicator, so they aren't all mindless vicious creatures. Jul is high minded, so she can fit grey, but what about those with low intelligence?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

megaman12321 wrote: My question, what exactly was the dark elves first contract with the demons? Was it for something noble or for more power? Did they go on a killing spree? Were they all like Mesphit is?
Yes very likely, though I haven't made my mind, but yes that would be a good explanation (hunger for power/fame).
megaman12321 wrote: Also, the codex is missing some stuff on the dwarfs and the Temple of Truth. I kind of wish we could see the differences in demon ranks, cause I want to know exactly where the hellhounds lay, since they obviously can be friendly if Trouble is any indicator, so they aren't all mindless vicious creatures. Jul is high minded, so she can fit grey, but what about those with low intelligence?
Yes the codex is work in progress, but I think I'd prefer if Aleema works on the second game plot. We have started a wiki though, I should probably put it in the beginning of this thread:
http://www.aravorn.com
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

And I'm trying to get some time in to work more on the wiki as wel. I definitely hope to put some stuff of the dwarves, and the Temple of Truth in (such as the Ramas marriage proposal will go under customs...and would make an awesome entry for the codex).
candesco
Young scout

Post by candesco »

Maybe you can make the aravorn wiki into something like the lore page on UESP (unofficial elder scrolls pages)
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
There is also the imperial library for TES, which also holds lore and legends. Has it's own site though.

I'm always interested in lore when there is one, especially with RPG's. I like to know the background. For The Witcher i even bought the books of Andrzej Sapkowski (the autor and the one who made the whole story of geralt), the ones which were translated. Those are The Last Wish and Blood of Elves. Still have to finish them. Although the story in the games itself is different then the books, but it is based upon the books.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

The Aravorn wiki will hopefully get it. I've been a bit busy to finish it up.