Battle tips & tricks thread

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Battle tips & tricks thread

Post by jack1974 »

When I feel my brain can function again properly will check this (still recovering from a very bad flu!).
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

jack1974 wrote:When I feel my brain can function again properly will check this (still recovering from a very bad flu!).
Sounds good. Adjusting Karen so that she'll be more competitive with the other characters for a spot in the combat party is worth some thought.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think now she can kick some asses :lol: beside the changes I've already posted about in the other thread (Focus Target giving 100-150-200% attack bonus) and fixing Whirlwind to do row damage, now she has also more HP and defense thanks to a trick by Anima. To see the HP change (which I think is the most important in Hard mode) you need to restart from the beginning though :oops: I'm going to upload the new version probably next week when things are more relaxed (now I'm finishing Heileen 3 yuri and don't want to get distracted).
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

jack1974 wrote:I think now she can kick some asses :lol: beside the changes I've already posted about in the other thread (Focus Target giving 100-150-200% attack bonus) and fixing Whirlwind to do row damage, now she has also more HP and defense thanks to a trick by Anima. To see the HP change (which I think is the most important in Hard mode) you need to restart from the beginning though :oops: I'm going to upload the new version probably next week when things are more relaxed (now I'm finishing Heileen 3 yuri and don't want to get distracted).
Sounds good. So what's the HP/defense trick? Does it require that she wear a particular item? Or is it something more intrinsic to her?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No is something intrinsic to her. A tweak needed so she can be used both as ranged character (pumping up her Skill attribute and using a bow) or as melee (with Spear). Honestly already with the Focus increase was almost fine, but with this HP/defense thing he can also stay in the front line, even if of course isn't strong as a "true" Warrior like Loren or Ramas. If you're interested in trying out before I can post a .zip "preview" with only the .rpyc files changed, so not the full 110mb game :)
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

jack1974 wrote:No is something intrinsic to her. A tweak needed so she can be used both as ranged character (pumping up her Skill attribute and using a bow) or as melee (with Spear). Honestly already with the Focus increase was almost fine, but with this HP/defense thing he can also stay in the front line, even if of course isn't strong as a "true" Warrior like Loren or Ramas. If you're interested in trying out before I can post a .zip "preview" with only the .rpyc files changed, so not the full 110mb game :)
Sounds great. I probably won't have time to try it out today however.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No problem since I don't plan to update the live version for a while, there's time :)
Mariko
Young scout

Post by Mariko »

I started reading this thread for the obvious reason, to figure out how to get the most out of the attribute points and talent trees as I haven't been able to figure out how to make some characters effective. Sauzer for example seems completely useless except for what he brings to the table at the end.

This thread was far to long for me to read through all of it and it's probably just as well since much of the earlier pages are based on and older version and as such a bit out of date but I did learn a few things.

One thing is that I never made the connection between skill and speed. I had no idea dumping points in skill made a character faster. If it were called speed instead it would have been obvious but it's not. I always just assumed skill points were good for the ranged classes like Dora and Rei perhaps improving accuracy so their shots wouldn't miss and maybe increasing there chances of hitting vital organs causing their shots to do more damage. I couldn't have been more wrong. lol

The other thing I've noticed is that it seems the people that posted in the few pages that I did read took an entirely different approach than I, opting for more chances to hit rather than bigger hits.

I've taken the latter approach. Just recently I started a new game and early in chapter two, as soon as I had all of (Loren, Elenor, Draco, Myrth, Gando.. erm Apolimesho, Chambara, Dora, Amukiki, Rei, Ramas and Karen) in the group I did tasks grinding them all the way up to level 20.

This got me to the third level of all their best talents and with (Ramas, Amukiki, Loren and Warior-Elenor) I dumped all of there points into strength.

With Dora, Rei and Karen I divided their points as equally as possible between strength and skill.

With Apolimesho, Draco, Myrth and Chambara I dumped all of their points into will.

My goal, instead of trying to get more chances to hit than the enemy, has been to try to make sure the fight doesn't last more than one or two turns and with Apolimesho, Drako and Myrth in the back row it usually doesn't. Between the three of them, with their AOE spells, my front row seldom has to attack at all and when they do. Ramas and Loren's front row aoe attacks don't let the fight last much longer.

Although now that I understand the skill points a bit better I may want to rethink my point distribution.

Any thoughts on how to best spend points to increase damage output would be appreciated. Especially for the odder characters like Sauzer and Trouble.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Both Sauzer and Trouble are Warrior Class, so the damage will be influenced mostly by Strength (since they both can't wield any kind of weapon, that's the only way to increase their damage). Before the best way was to pump Skill value so they would move faster, effectively doing more damage because they could attack twice. Though I never did a real stat comparison to see which way would give best results, even if in the first version the "Speed cheat" was really powerful, now is more balanced but I am not 100% sure... A great thing of the new framework that is being worked on, is that you can do AI vs AI battles so you can know immediately how any change in the rules will impact the game, really useful :)
deathknight1728
Woods ranger

Post by deathknight1728 »

In this game, which is more powerful Melee or ranged combat? I am not sure if I want to keep my warrior or start over as a thief. Ill play warrior if and only if I always have something to attack. However, if ranged combat can hit guys in the front and back, whats the point of going melee with either class.

Its not as easy to get into as PStronghold as with that your automatically forced to ranged combat.
?