Who is the best Love Interest?

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm

Which character of the game you liked mostly?

You may select 1 option

View results

yayswords
Elder Druid

Re: Who is the best Love Interest?

Post by yayswords »

I don't think Loren is presented as being lesbian, but that the acts like one due to Amazon culture. Think of ancient Greece, where male homosexuality was rampant. If culture can pressure all those men into liking other men, then I am sure it can pressure Loren into liking women. She, just like the Greeks, is probably (probably, because ~90% are) heterosexual, but society can seemingly convince you to be homosexual or at least bi. I don't know how the hell it works but I don't believe all those Greek men were genuinely gay.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Valhallen, the scene is in the game, regardless of the path taken, so my point still stands. Like you, I can always headcanon a different turn of events(and I do. To me Loren isn't straight and the bad ending didn't exactly happened that way), but the scene is in the game, whether we like it or not.

Jack, listen, I do understand the need in making her swing both ways, if she was presented in a different light, I would have no problem. It was stated during the game that the amazons usually used men for pleasure or mating, so if Loren actually showed during the game some interest in those aspects(I don't know, like the nynph scene in the elf path, she could, during the human path; express that she used the male slaves for pleasure, for example)she wouldn't be presented as a lesbian, but as bisexual, and the argument of "turning her straight" would be gone, but such thing was not present in the game. We could always headcanon that she did use the male slaves for such things, but there isn't any mention of it during the game.
If Loren didn't have the nymph scene, she could even be a straight romance, actually being attracted to males but being afraid of expressing this, since the amazons considered them only tools to be used, and she didn't want to be rejected by them.
Those a few suggestions how things could have been. I'm not even saying that the wrong message was actually intended, but this is what it became. I'm only giving my feed back, for the future. Please, I don't misunderstand me.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK I think I got it. Thanks for explaining better!
In next games such things will also pop-up during the beta so will be possible to tweak/change small details and make them better with good feedback like yours :)
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Thank you! I'm glad we could finish this discussion(I'm terrible at it :oops: ). I want to add that I'm truly glad we could talk to you and express our opinions. You rock, Jack! :)
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Madance wrote:Valhallen, the scene is in the game, regardless of the path taken, so my point still stands. Like you, I can always headcanon a different turn of events(and I do. To me Loren isn't straight and the bad ending didn't exactly happened that way), but the scene is in the game, whether we like it
No it doesnt, in human path it will not happen, in fact I didnt even knew it could happen because I never played the elf path
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

I'm sorry, I'm not really following what you said?
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

ValHallen wrote:No it doesnt, in human path it will not happen, in fact I didnt even knew it could happen because I never played the elf path
Actually, it can happen on Saren's path, but if you flee to the woods.
Spoiler:
After Myrth brings out the nymphs, it says, "Saren felt a burning sensation in his chest at the thought of his mistress with these...nymphs." Then the normal '3 choices come up'. If you pick Joking or Friendly, Loren does leave with the nymphs. If you pick Forceful, Saren says "Isn't this rather inappropriate", elaborating Loren needs to rest. Loren agrees with his assessment, and stays away from the nymphs.
Last edited by Miakoda on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Madance wrote:I'm sorry, I'm not really following what you said?
The nymph scene doesnt happen in the humano path
Since I only played the human path, I didnt even know this acne before I read it here
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

ValHallen wrote:
Madance wrote:I'm sorry, I'm not really following what you said?
The nymph scene doesnt happen in the humano path
Since I only played the human path, I didnt even know this acne before I read it here
I think I have it figured out. When you say Human path, did you perhaps stay in the Empire, following Dora's suggestion? (The one where you get Apolimesho and Amukiki, and gain the Ember Blade).

If you follow Draco's idea, running to the elves, then that is where the Nymph scene Madance is talking about.

So, depending on which route you went, I can see how it would change one's perception of Loren.
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Yes, that exactly what I meant, Miakoda, thanks. ^__^
No matter how you put it, the game makes clear that Loren have an attraction to females. Anyway... I won't repeat myself again, sorry, no offense. It's getting a bit out of hand and I'm really a bit embarrassed over the size of this discussion. So, let's just agree to disagree to avoid further discussions, at least in this thread?