Who is the best Love Interest?

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm

Which character of the game you liked mostly?

You may select 1 option

View results

Choklad
Young scout

Re: Who is the best Love Interest?

Post by Choklad »

gamesempie wrote: The jealousy system really did a lot for me for developing the romances. What about y'all, did any of the love triangle, or any kind of octagon, make or break any of the romances for you?
I think the Saren + Draco + Amukiki triangle made for a compelling story and added a lot to the characters. The only problem is that the main romance dialogue and the huge romance scene at the end don't acknowledge that it happened.
Spoiler:
Saren supposedly doesn't realize he has feelings for Draco until the culmination of the romance. Except he totally does in the jealousy scene. Amukiki certainly knows what's going on - he calls Draco Saren's "mate." We're expected to believe Saren has never even thought about that? And that he isn't aware that Draco feels the same way? Please. :mrgreen:
The game has a few of these issues, where some of the writing isn't matching what has already happened in the game.
Little Birdie
Young scout

Post by Little Birdie »

Asonder wrote:Well let me just start by saying that I didn't care much for Loren's romance in general. I like her as a character, and I love her development over the course of the game, but for whatever reason her romance route just did not interest me. I think it had a lot to do with me being kinda wigged out by the whole former slave/princess dynamic she had going with the MC. Every praise Saren/Elenor sang of Loren, in the beginning at least, rang a bit hollow for me, and I couldn't help feeling that the MC was somewhat...brainwashed is too strong a word, but certainly influenced by their respective social standings. And that was something I could never really shake off for the remainder of the game, despite the growth both parties underwent. I have no idea why.

To actually answer your question, I would say I prefer Elenor's version of the romance to Saren's, simply
because given the nature of the Amazons, this dynamic that was weirding me out so much felt a lot more pronounced with Saren. I felt like Elenor, being female, could have at least some semblance of equal standing to Loren by the end, whereas I didn't really feel that with Saren. But then, I never actually got around to finishing Loren's route with Saren (I did with Elenor), so maybe I missed something.
Yup, all this pretty much, though can narrow it down to specific scenes that bothered me.
Spoiler:
How Saren/Elenor was so willing to give up sleeping on a fur while claiming s/he was feeling a bit nostalgic over past treatment. Then towards the end of the game, at least in the Saren guard path, that he willingly went back to slave labor... and Loren literally ran away.

The whole Loren acting disgusted every time Saren/Elenor touched her during the romantic lines didn't really help either.
I greatly enjoyed the jealousy dialogue, since it tended to give a clearer picture of where certain characters were emotionally. Also, yay inter-party interactions. Thought the dialogue of when Chambara points out you've romanced everybody in camp to be hilarious.
Asonder
Young scout

Post by Asonder »

Little Birdie wrote:Thought the dialogue of when Chambara points out you've romanced everybody in camp to be hilarious.
Eeyup. The one time I played as Saren I just made him a shameless flirt who refused to commit until he was forced to :lol: so I think(?) I witnessed all of his jealousy scenes. Although in the only Draco x Saren x Amukiki one I remember, Draco wasn't even involved in the conversation. Would have been interesting to see how he, ah...competes for a lover's affection. Especially against someone as intimidating as Amukiki.

I liked that they didn't always paint the love interests in an endearing "aww look they're fighting over me" light. Sometimes it was just like guys wtf are you doing :shock: Like others have said, it gives us an idea of where the characters are at emotionally, for better or worse. The Myrth x Chambara scene was one of those for me.
Spoiler:
I could be completely mis-remembering this (it has been a while), but I seem to remember Myrth just flipping out on Chambara for pretty much no reason. I was just sitting there like, "uuuhHHH Myrth? Didn't you just finish epically shooting me down? And now you're trying to kill this other chick cause she looked at me funny? Myrth stahp." In any case, I do remember that being the moment that completely turned me off to her romance, whatever actually happened. Maybe someday I'll finish it, if I can ever be bothered to do another Saren playthrough.
The Rei x Mesphit one was the toughest for me. I mean obviously I knew how they felt about each other, but Rei is just so sad if you reject him. I somehow wasn't expecting him to react that strongly. Mesphit at least seems like he was kind of expecting it. Or he's just better at hiding his shock than Rei.

Anyway. *quietly takes off fangirl hat*
All hail Rei's booty.
Choklad
Young scout

Post by Choklad »

Anyway. *quietly takes off fangirl hat*
*loudly puts on fangirl glitter cape*
Asonder wrote: Eeyup. The one time I played as Saren I just made him a shameless flirt who refused to commit until he was forced to :lol: so I think(?) I witnessed all of his jealousy scenes. Although in the only Draco x Saren x Amukiki one I remember, Draco wasn't even involved in the conversation. Would have been interesting to see how he, ah...competes for a lover's affection. Especially against someone as intimidating as Amukiki.
He doesn't. :cry:
Spoiler:
He has his own conversation with Saren. I believe his words were along the lines of "I feel like I should leave you alone. I'm just getting in the way." He's 100% sure that Saren will say "yes, please stop hanging 'round me so much." He looks like a sad puppy.
Asonder
Young scout

Post by Asonder »

Ah, I remember that part now. I was thinking more along the lines of a direct confrontation like with some of the other love interests, but I guess that answers my question :P
All hail Rei's booty.
ILoveiLsMaRiE
Young scout

Post by ILoveiLsMaRiE »

I'm sorry to be reviving this (well, it's not that old anyway), but I really wanted to give my opinion.
The first time I played through the game, I did it with Saren, and I romanced Loren. It was a really sweet and beautiful relationship. I really liked it, and felt the connection between the two characters. I was chasing Myrth too, so the scene Myrth vs Loren was a really tough choice. I have to admit I saved to see the two outcomes... Loren sad was really... devastating. But that scene was just great! It really shows that not everthing is always good and happy. Love can be a really sad and hard thing too. And that scene just showed that perfectly.
I shed a few tears with SarenxLoren. I think normally it would have been at the ending, right? With the first or third option.
Spoiler:
But the first time I did it, I think it was in the battle against the Drake. There were so much emotions there. It was, again, beautiful. Love conquers all, right? At least that time.
I think Loren is the best love interest because it goes really well with the plot, and it just feels right. And how her character grows slowly through the game is really good. And isn't she just really sweet sometimes?
Spoiler:
It really got to me when at the end if you decide to sacrifice yourself, she says she would never love anyone again, and that Saren would be the only one. Maybe is wrong for a few of you, but I always liked that kind of devotion in a character.
The romance with Myrth is just SO cute and sweet. I loved it. She's really lovely. She's a little innocent, and pure, and... just lovely. I think that's the kind of character you do when you try to atract male gamers, but it felt so much better with her. She wasn't just "I'm here so that you can like me. Oh, and I'm also hot (that she is :lol: )". It felt like a real character and not just an excuse to give the player a quick "romanceable" character. I can say that does not happen in all games.
So, point for Myrth.

And last but no less... Chambara. Oh, Chambara, my sweet dark witch. I LOVE Chambara. I really do. It was a really tough choice between her and Loren in the poll.
What can I say? I obviously like how she flirts with Saren all the time. But she was a misunderstood character since the beginning. She's not evil at all! She helped Loren without asking for anything in return, and even also didn't want her gratitude because she was helping indirectly. I think deep down she is the fragile and vulnerable girl in need of someone that she one time says she isn't.
But I think the moment when I started to really love her was when I realized how much she could care for another, how she needed someone (even if she wanted to admit it). I'm talking about the scene when she confronts Myrth.
That one time when you have to chose one... I chosed Myrth. Almost without having to think about it.
And that's when she says it. Something like "How would you love someone like me when you love things beautiful as a flower?" She was really sad and hurt. And I was, too. Those words broke my heart. It was really painful and made me realize how wrong I were about her. So, Ironically, I learned how beautiful she was as a person when I rejecter her.
And I really think I like her more over Loren.
Yes, I think I do.
So... Let's be clear. I like Chambara more than Loren as love interest, but... I think the romance itself between Saren and Loren is a little better. More charming and... realistic, maybe?
So I'm changing my mind and giving my vote to Chambara (because the poll is about love interest and not romance as a whole). How would I like to hold her in my arms!

Gosh, this got really long! I'm sorry! I doubt anyone would read all this much :lol:
But well, I wanted to say what I thought.
aeroprism
Young scout

Post by aeroprism »

I had my fun checking a few romance scenes thanks to the cheat feature you unlock when you complete the game.

My love interest was Myrth and I regret nothing. She is absolutely, completely my type: cute, shy, gentle. She's also hot. Very hot. Yup. *cough*

Funny enough, my wife watched me play and preferred the Saren/Loren scene. Granted, my wife is the silent type and she tends to speak with her actions rather than with her words, just like Saren and Loren. Oh and she's called Loren too, which is why the game's title initially grabbed my attention on Steam.

Anyways, Myrth. <3

Edit: Oh and I checked Draco's scene for giggles. It was utterly adorable. Seriously: well done. Draco is awesome.
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

ILoveiLsMaRiE wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm sorry to be reviving this (well, it's not that old anyway), but I really wanted to give my opinion.
The first time I played through the game, I did it with Saren, and I romanced Loren. It was a really sweet and beautiful relationship. I really liked it, and felt the connection between the two characters. I was chasing Myrth too, so the scene Myrth vs Loren was a really tough choice. I have to admit I saved to see the two outcomes... Loren sad was really... devastating. But that scene was just great! It really shows that not everthing is always good and happy. Love can be a really sad and hard thing too. And that scene just showed that perfectly.
I shed a few tears with SarenxLoren. I think normally it would have been at the ending, right? With the first or third option.
Spoiler:
But the first time I did it, I think it was in the battle against the Drake. There were so much emotions there. It was, again, beautiful. Love conquers all, right? At least that time.
I think Loren is the best love interest because it goes really well with the plot, and it just feels right. And how her character grows slowly through the game is really good. And isn't she just really sweet sometimes?
Spoiler:
It really got to me when at the end if you decide to sacrifice yourself, she says she would never love anyone again, and that Saren would be the only one. Maybe is wrong for a few of you, but I always liked that kind of devotion in a character.
The romance with Myrth is just SO cute and sweet. I loved it. She's really lovely. She's a little innocent, and pure, and... just lovely. I think that's the kind of character you do when you try to atract male gamers, but it felt so much better with her. She wasn't just "I'm here so that you can like me. Oh, and I'm also hot (that she is :lol: )". It felt like a real character and not just an excuse to give the player a quick "romanceable" character. I can say that does not happen in all games.
So, point for Myrth.

And last but no less... Chambara. Oh, Chambara, my sweet dark witch. I LOVE Chambara. I really do. It was a really tough choice between her and Loren in the poll.
What can I say? I obviously like how she flirts with Saren all the time. But she was a misunderstood character since the beginning. She's not evil at all! She helped Loren without asking for anything in return, and even also didn't want her gratitude because she was helping indirectly. I think deep down she is the fragile and vulnerable girl in need of someone that she one time says she isn't.
But I think the moment when I started to really love her was when I realized how much she could care for another, how she needed someone (even if she wanted to admit it). I'm talking about the scene when she confronts Myrth.
That one time when you have to chose one... I chosed Myrth. Almost without having to think about it.
And that's when she says it. Something like "How would you love someone like me when you love things beautiful as a flower?" She was really sad and hurt. And I was, too. Those words broke my heart. It was really painful and made me realize how wrong I were about her. So, Ironically, I learned how beautiful she was as a person when I rejecter her.
And I really think I like her more over Loren.
Yes, I think I do.
So... Let's be clear. I like Chambara more than Loren as love interest, but... I think the romance itself between Saren and Loren is a little better. More charming and... realistic, maybe?
So I'm changing my mind and giving my vote to Chambara (because the poll is about love interest and not romance as a whole). How would I like to hold her in my arms!
Gosh, this got really long! I'm sorry! I doubt anyone would read all this much :lol:
But well, I wanted to say what I thought.
Read it all, mainly to prove you wrong, but you also had some good analysis :mrgreen: , I can't comment on the specifics as much because I've only played Saren so far for the sole purpose of romancing Myrth :lol: , I much prefer playing Elenor, but Loren and Chambara are great with her and I'm betting they're great with Saren too :) .
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

I actually liked Karen/Elenor better than Loren/Elenor
Spoiler:
(even better if you use Loren to complete the tragedy)
. Of course, I also liked Chambara and Myrth. Couldn't bring myself to do the others. Well, maybe I'll try Volcano next time I play.
Melandrhild
Young scout

Post by Melandrhild »

I also liked KarenxElenor best.