Who is the best Love Interest?

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm

Which character of the game you liked mostly?

You may select 1 option

View results

Korval
Young scout

Re: Who is the best Love Interest?

Post by Korval »

anita wrote:Karen... I'm in love with Karen. I don't know why, must be something of her sprite. But I find her more attractive than Loren! (I know will be killed for saying this...) :lol:
I would have enjoyed romancing Karen also, but I see why she would be reluctant to get involved again so soon...

However, given that the back-story *shows* she likes guys, I think it was a questionable design decision to allow the FxF and not the FxM romance option.

Karen looks like late-30s while Loren looks like she is 18... I wouldn't say she is "more" attractive, but sometimes a well cared for classic is more appealing than a new car fresh off the lot. After all, the seat is probably more comfortable and some of the "new car" problems will have already been fixed by the prior owner... Older cars are also usually involve lower cosmetic maintenance and in general are a better value...

But we aren't really talking about cars, now are we... :>
oldciyguy
Young scout

Post by oldciyguy »

At the top for me is Loren with both Elenor and Saren. I'm a sucker for the defrosting ice queen type. Second would be Amukiki for Saren (and close with Elenor). I like the way the romance progresses and Amukiki is a pretty admirable character, in some ways the most interesting of the cast so far. For Elenor though, second place goes to Karen. She is slightly tragic and trapped by her culture, but wow, what a smooth operator when it comes to romance. It just struck me that her romantic style is very similar to Rei's. I find it charming with her and ... not so charming with Rei (a little sexist perhaps).
Myrth was a little too shy for my tastes. If she had been the only love interest, I would have been disappointed. Draco is similar. He's a little too passive for my taste. I mostly felt sorry for him.
I followed the romance path with Rei like someone taking vile medicine they know is good for them. It was mostly an obsessive desire to try all the paths. And yet, and yet the opportunity Rei offers for Elenor to reconnect with her elvish heritage seems priceless.
So at the end, when the time comes to make choice, I feel like the PC will be giving up something important if they reject Loren, Amukiki, Karen, or even Rei. I don't feel that way with Myrth and Draco.
All the romance seem well written and there is plenty of real variety in character types, so congratulations
faerirose
Young scout

Post by faerirose »

Korval wrote:
anita wrote:Karen... I'm in love with Karen. I don't know why, must be something of her sprite. But I find her more attractive than Loren! (I know will be killed for saying this...) :lol:
I would have enjoyed romancing Karen also, but I see why she would be reluctant to get involved again so soon...

However, given that the back-story *shows* she likes guys, I think it was a questionable design decision to allow the FxF and not the FxM romance option.

Karen looks like late-30s while Loren looks like she is 18... I wouldn't say she is "more" attractive, but sometimes a well cared for classic is more appealing than a new car fresh off the lot. After all, the seat is probably more comfortable and some of the "new car" problems will have already been fixed by the prior owner... Older cars are also usually involve lower cosmetic maintenance and in general are a better value...

But we aren't really talking about cars, now are we... :>
Karen's so sad and hopeless. I just wanna give her hugs and make her feel better! She's my favorite followed by Loren (with either Saren or Elanor. I just like Loren's character). I was curious about Karen rejecting Saren and only preferring Elanor, but then I thought if Ray...nor? Ray...lor? Her man slave was the only guy for her, she'd probably "default" back to women. Especially one who was so obviously pushing for her future happiness.

Also! 1) I also think Karen's sprite is a bit hotter than Loren and 2) No. We're not talking about cars ;) ;) ;)
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

Arcanum wrote:uasgduwgd I should pay more attention to what I write pffff. What I meant was: "Elenor felt jealous of Myrth when Myrth was talking to Rei." That was when she discovered they were relatives.
For some reason that's what I knew you were talking about! :) Yes, that totally happens, irregardless of if you romanced Myrth. Since Rei just joined the party, there's no way for me to gauge if you're interested in him or not, and in the chance that you are interested in him, or Myrth and just haven't flirted with her yet, I kept the option to feel a bit off for an optional seed of attraction, if you want it. The sentence (well, it's different for Saren and Elenor) also serves as just plain noticing they're close.

Interesting reactions here to all the characters. Both Karen and Draco are pathetic (in their own way), but Karen is looking more attractive than him. Hmm.
Jim1958
Young scout

Post by Jim1958 »

Karen all the way. However I reserve the right to change my mind after the expansion is released as I'm hoping Chambara is awesome.

Best Regards
Jim
MadarFoxfire
Young scout

Post by MadarFoxfire »

Aleema wrote: Interesting reactions here to all the characters. Both Karen and Draco are pathetic (in their own way), but Karen is looking more attractive than him. Hmm.
Karen's badass and very in control with you, despite her emotional weakness and the fact that you've gotta take the initiative. She catches you in the rafters and everything; I could have swooned. Also, she's smoking hot and I have a weakness for dominant older women in general which apparently is not as rare as I thought, going by the poll answers.
Spoiler:
And she totally whips Loren's well-toned butt in the love triangle thing. She's so cool when she's fighting in the name of love. This is why she's the Queen.
Draco, meanwhile, is kinda shy and vulnerable all around. I like that in a fictional love interest guy, but it's not for everyone. I like both his joking surface face with the flashy fire tricks and the inner self with all the deepseated emotional issues he's so terrible at hiding. I felt so-so about him until he talked Mesphit into taking him as a hostage in Saren's place when I went through that route combination. And this was before I had any affection points with him, which was pretty cool! I like his overall design, too. He's pretty adorable.

Myrth I wasn't all that cool with. I love the character, but Saren was a total lunkhead with her in most of the cutscenes, and then they both turned into soppy despairing messes... I hate to say it, but Rei had a point about them being a bad match.

And speakin' of Rei! It might be that I was romancing him with Forceful!Elenor, but he came off as way too pushy. Although you did get the option to shut him down firmly and kick away his romance plot for good, so I can't be too mad about that, and a lot of his scenes were pretty good. I'd call him "charmingly antagonizing" rather than flat out awful, if only because he's so handsome. I'm still not sure whether I want Elenor to smooch him or punch him square in the nose.

Amukiki ticks me off a little because he's cooler than Elenor/Saren and I really want them to show him up. I'm way too emotionally invested. Once they start being on a less rocky and more equal footing I warm up to him, but the early segments always get me hissing.

I'm way more okay with being Loren's underling. I guess I prefer dominant women and laid-back and/or submissive dudes? I like being a badass duo with her, and I like the bond of trust and respect that grows between them even if you don't romance her.
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

Certainly helps that Karen is actually showing some skin. Yes, I'm bitter that only 1 of the 3 male love interests shows any skin. :(

I can't wait to see if any opinions change after playing Chapter 4!
oldciyguy
Young scout

Post by oldciyguy »

Draco needs something, but I'm not sure what. He's already witty. Maybe his chemistry with Saren doesn't feel quite right. They're both kinda on the submissive side, even Forceful Saren so perhaps what's missing is some tension. That could be my issue with Myrth as well.
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

Sexual tension, or do you mean conflict? Both are good.

I like Myrth's path how it is now (though, Saren is a bit of a doofus on it, I'll admit. not for everyone), but I could touch up Draco's arc. No personality changing, but I could replace the middle cutscene with something else. Originally, the conflict with Saren x Draco is that Saren is annoyed by Draco, but that melts away pretty fast. Perhaps too fast?
Spoiler:
Jack wanted me to wait on revealing something in Myrth's path until the CG scene, and I agreed, but I think not knowing it is making Myrth look like an indecisive blunderbutt. Which is my fault. Perhaps I will reveal it sooner, like in the 3rd cutscene.
Themobboss
Young scout

Post by Themobboss »

Continuing an irritation path could be a nice lever to use. Draco's personality has grown organicly through his experiences while Saren would be living in a culture where being docile is a survival trait. Having that annoying interaction from a socialy safe male could make it easier for Saren to regain and hone a more dominant personality that's more true to who he really is.