Never Forget Me - Trick and tips!

Otome dating sim with life simulation gameplay: http://www.winterwolves.com/rememberme.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Never Forget Me - Trick and tips!

Post by jack1974 »

Found the mistake, was in the walkthrough: Lawrence Scene04 should be Choice01 to unlock the 2nd sad ending :) Still going to upload the new version fixing the goals for Aaron (always diligence).
banana2013
Young scout

Post by banana2013 »

I'm using the walkthrough and for Hugh's sad ending 1. Is the first choice suppose to be "scene 1" instead of scene 3? just wanted to confirm. Thank You in advance!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I checked in the code, and actually as long as you don't pick the same choice for Sad ending 2 (except the last one which must be the same), you should always get the sad ending 1 :)
banana2013
Young scout

Post by banana2013 »

Thanks for the response. I managed to get the sad ends for Hugh :)
Laineygirly
Young scout

Post by Laineygirly »

Okay, so I'm trying to understand how the Stats work in this game. Are the character specific stats relevant at all? Because I just got Lawrence's Sad Ending 2 and it also showed the "Culture" special ending. But I literally had 0 points in culture (purposefully). I had previously unlocked the Culture special ending when I did Sad Ending 1 for Lawrence. I did notice you need to have 100% with the character to unlock anything other than the "Neutral Ending". So are the stats only relevant for the "goals" until you reach 100%? (It also looks like the character specific stat doesn't show up in any of the "goals").
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Are you sure you unlocked the Culture special ending with Culture at zero? I don't understand how that is possible. If you have a savegame before that happens I'd like to test it here :)

To answer you question: the endings are determined by the visual novel choices only. In the scheduler mode you also need to reach 100% relationship. Then, if you reach 100 in Culture (must be 100, so not 99) you also unlock the extra epilogue (both for Happy/Sad endings).

So what happened to you shouldn't be possible :oops:

edit: of course Culture is for Lawrence only, I meant the associated stat for each character :)
Laineygirly
Young scout

Post by Laineygirly »

Gotcha. I just did a run through of Hugh's route too without getting any Creativity, plus 100% and I got the neutral ending. I probably didn't make any of the right choices though (wasn't following the guide).

I do have save of the Lawrence run through though, and I double checked that I have 0 Culture points and it still unlocks the Culture epilogue. Must be a bug. How do I provide the save file to you for testing?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Check here on how to send me a savegame: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2971
Laineygirly
Young scout

Post by Laineygirly »

Great, I'll send that email right now. It's happening for all the guys for me. I have 0 for their associated stat and it still unlocks the "epilogue" scenes, happy and sad endings. I also noticed even if I'm at 0 for the social and/or energy stat I can still perform the activities and get the other bonuses (i.e, culture, romance, etc.) In Always Remember Me if your energy was too low, you would fail at the activity and not get any points for the other stats. (Not sure what the social stat is even for?). I'm not sure if this an issue on my end or what, but I'll send those save files. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No that is OK: if you have zero in social or energy, the next task is one of those "raise social/energy back to 10" which gives you less relationship bonus. So that one works fine :)