Thinking about a sequel

Otome dating sim with life simulation gameplay: http://www.winterwolves.com/rememberme.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Thinking about a sequel

Post by jack1974 »

It's not something concrete, right now is just an idea. However, I liked the idea of, for a change, not having to romance someone but simply live the couple life, and try to stay together.
So the game would be about Amy already married/together with one of the four boys, and then the couple faces several problems in the course of a specific period of time, which varies based on the personality/situation of the boyfriend. The endings could vary from break-up, to something in the middle, to love like the first day, etc.
Of course, you would need to pick the boy at beginning, and then play this "arc", and then another. So it would also play differently. I still plan to keep the map and the various activities and have some stat goal at the end.
I am also thinking about a name, something that would have a meaning to stay together instead of break up. Always Stay Together? I dunno something like that, if is fun/weird is a bonus of course :mrgreen:
Madance
Druid

Re: Thinking about a sequel

Post by Madance »

How about "Always Love Me" or "Always Believe in Me"? And it's wonderful to know you're interested in making a game about a couple life, it's quite different and would be unique.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well after reading what Taleweaver wrote in the SOTW DLC, I think a couple life, be it "normal" modern setting, epic fantasy, or sci-fi it's cool and different from the usual stuff. The only "problem" is that you can't choose different characters through the story, but you pick at the beginning and then play the whole arc until the end, then start again. But I don't think should be a big issue after all...
Tellah
Young scout

Post by Tellah »

XD It's almost completely off-topic, but there's sort of a contrary part of me that thinks like a... "Always Forget Me" would be amusing- like a game where your protagonist is the one who forgot their boyfriend and you sort of have your old boyfriend actively trying to rekindle your memories (and/or maybe even multiple characters who SAY they were your boyfriend, but only one's telling the truth).
...but that's about as far away from 'normal domestic life' as you can get.
...I just had to comment about "Always Forget Me" because it kind of made me laugh as a concept though.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Heh I think that kind of setup would work well for a comedy game :)
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Tellah wrote:XD It's almost completely off-topic, but there's sort of a contrary part of me that thinks like a... "Always Forget Me" would be amusing- like a game where your protagonist is the one who forgot their boyfriend and you sort of have your old boyfriend actively trying to rekindle your memories (and/or maybe even multiple characters who SAY they were your boyfriend, but only one's telling the truth).
...but that's about as far away from 'normal domestic life' as you can get.
...I just had to comment about "Always Forget Me" because it kind of made me laugh as a concept though.
Ah so cool! I played a game very similiar to this except it was also a bit of a mystery, there are 5 guys of different "worlds" in your memories and part of solving the mystery of your amnesia (while you cant talk) is also picking a boy and each goes through a different story of which one, and how you lost it. It is a bit weird and the protag is a bit standard for these things but you should look it up.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

All right it's becoming a reality :) I have finished Eddy storyboard and found a writer, which is fun because she also is the voice actress that voiced Myrth in Loren Amazon Princess (I only found recently she was also writing). No estimates of course since we've just started but if things go as planned could be out this year :)
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

I am actually more excited for this than than the Yuri one, go figure, it sounds cool and always wanted to play something similar, can't wait!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You mean Nicole yuri? because there's no Always Remember Me yuri planned :)
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

No, I mean the pure Yuri game you have planned. Completely different game, the one with the girls on the beach, Summer in Trague? I realize with Nicole Yuri, Heirs and Graces, and Summer in Trigue, you have a whole lot of LGBT games planned, I am just surprised that I am looking forward to this one even more then those. I really love the concept.