Can i buy the game first and then the disk?

Otome dating sim with life simulation gameplay: http://www.winterwolves.com/rememberme.htm
crazylg
Young scout

Can i buy the game first and then the disk?

Post by crazylg »

i wanna buy the game, but i also want the disk. however, i only have enough for the game on my prepaid visa right now. can i buy the disk later?
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Can i buy the game first and then the disk?

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, but the disk will contain the same game as the download one, so not sure why you might want to buy that again? :)
OromeAldaron
Young scout

Post by OromeAldaron »

Maybe he wants to gift it to somebody?

Or he wants to support the poor CD manufacturing industry?

Or the postal services?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

ROFL well to be honest I bought some games in retail in last years but my games are usually under 100mb so I really don't see any advantage in buying a physical copy, maybe the gift (even if nowadays you can gift games with email or downloads).
OromeAldaron
Young scout

Post by OromeAldaron »

Well, I just bought Portal 2 on Steam and it is downloading as we speak from the net....

As it seems, it will still be downloading long after we stopped speaking... the download speed currently is something like 40 KB/s (I have approx. 1.2 MB/s max), the game has approx. 10 GB or so.... I don't even want to calculate how many weeks I'll wait until I have it fully on my disc.... I bet Loren will be on the market before I have Portal 2.... grrr.

So I would prefer a disc anytime... but then again, 100 MB is a tiny bit smaller than 10 GBs, I'll have to admit.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol I hate that too. In past year I bought some old games from gog.com and I really don't think we need tons of Gb of content to make a fun game, but sadly that's how all the new games work!