Always Remember Me - Trick and tips!

Otome dating sim with life simulation gameplay: http://www.winterwolves.com/rememberme.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Always Remember Me - Trick and tips!

Post by jack1974 »

Since a few users have still problem at normal level, I'm going also to post a full walkthrough to get each character. I won't talk about ALL the activities to leave something to discover, but just the basic one needed to win the game. Refer to the other post here with the full characters scenes too.
In general, a thing probably not many people do, is work another time after the normal shift ends or just do 1 overtime during weekends. Doing this will help you raise money to get the items which give you the biggest bonuses later in the game, or attend some courses which are also big stats boosters.

All characters
Spoiler:
As soon as you have $30, get the Relaxing Infusion from the mall so you'll never have nightmares and recover better.
- during weekend, in the Library at Evening, you can also attend Writing Course which can raise all your stats. If you save enough money (it costs $30) you can easily raise each stats by +5/8 in a weekend.
- once you have enough money to buy the "Pearbook" you can write a book in your bedroom at home, and that will increase ALL your stats. So it's worth saving some money to get that bonus since can make a big difference towards the end of the game!
Aaron
Spoiler:
Associated with Romance. This character is quite easy to get, since basically you can just:
- each Monday and Friday borrow new books at the library (action available only Mon/Fri)
- use the option "read books" when you visit him to get a bonus to Romance
- writing poems at home also helps Romance
- talking with him in the afternoon when Abigail is there will be hardest, so is better to visit him early. Always go to him after work and read books or talk with him to raise Romance.
Since several scenes with Aaron also boosts Romance (like buying Akinara plushie at the Mall) and since talking with him already gives good chances to increase both his relationship and Romance, I was able to get to Romance 18 by end of June.
Lawrence
Spoiler:
Associated with Culture. Is the easiest character to get, a few tips:
- talk with him NOT during the weekend since the shop is crowded and you won't get much attention
- each Monday and Friday borrow new books at the library (action available only Mon/Fri)
- to raise culture, read new books in Library or at Home, and do also Practice Writing
Only by doing the steps above, attending the writing course 3 times in total, I was able to raise Culture to 30 and was just the 23rd June! (so more than 2 months left before the end of the game). At that point I had just to keep doing that and then always talk to Lawrence to get all the scenes to unlock the extra ending with him.
Hugh
Spoiler:
Associated with Creativity. Is the easiest character to get, a few tips:
- an easy way to raise Creativity is to cook something at home, but requires some money. Be sure to have bought the Recipes Book first at the mall to get a bonus in success!
- you can, once a day, write a poem, and this also boosts your Creativity
- Practice Writing at the Library also raises Creativity a bit
- Painting Course at the Mall is expensive but increases Creativity by a good amount
Hugh path is harder than Lawrence because is the one that requires more money, but by doing a bit of overtime, buying the Recipes Book and practicing cooking, and attending Painting Course I was able to get Creativity to 24 at end of June, so plenty of time to get the special ending as well.
Eddy
Spoiler:
Associated with Discipline. This character is a bit harder because you don't have many chances to talk with him (being busy as a doctor) until you "Unlock" your home and then you can visit him in the evening and things will be much easier:
- first thing, you should save enough money so you can get gym and pool access, and then do either swimming or exercise once a day
- you can also go in Library and update your blog
- Jogging at the park also increases Discipline
I'm not going to lie, Eddy is the hardest character to get, however if you play at Normal mode and do the activities above, you should get the special ending. Remember that talking to each character also raises sometimes the associated stat. I was able to get Discipline to 16 by end of June, but I had just bought the gym and pool access, so couldn't use the full bonus for many days yet.
Pretearfangurl19
Young scout

Re: Trick and tips!

Post by Pretearfangurl19 »

Hello jack1974. How can i get Osher is my friend ending :?: From Pretearfangurl19 :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

That is the special ending for Aaron, so you need 99 relationship with Aaron and 99 in Romance :)
Pretearfangurl19
Young scout

Oki Thank you so much jack1974. But i have a question for you. Have think about create a Cheats code for Always Remember me :?: So it can be easy to get endings we want. From Pretearfangurl19 :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Once new Ren'Py version with DirectX support is out will update all my previous games including this one, so might include a cheat mode then :) will post on twitter/forums when new version is available.
Pretearfangurl19
Young scout

Oki thank you for answer my question. From Pretearfangurl19 :)
Pretearfangurl19
Young scout

Hello jack1974. Do you know extract when Ren'py whit the new DirectX support is going to lunch :?: I really whant to play Always remember me whit cheats code. From Pretearfangurl19 :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

It's being tested now (I'm testing it too), so I think 1-2 weeks maximum and should be ready! :)
uruhasthigh
Young scout

Post by uruhasthigh »

I have been doing all the things above and playing over and over again and I still cannot get Aaron, and you said he's the easiest one to get. And the sad thing is, even when everything has gone wrong and you're not going to get him, you still have to get up and work at that ice cream shop every day and do tons of things which completely randomly lower your energy and morale. Not to mention, the CD does not help sleep for me at all. In fact, it seems to make it worse. I have been playing this game for hours and now I'm just depressed. And it's really not because I'm not a bright person, I have played many video games and many dating sims, but this is the only one I just cannot seem to succeed at no matter what I do. It's a shame because it's such a lovely game, but the backstory is so depressing that you want so much to succeed and when you end up with the alone ending you just want to cry and smash something!

I think that you need to put a more in depth walkthrough. Each time you get a question there are only two choices and I really feel like I've chosen them both numerous times and have figured out what the bad ones are. I only pick the good ones, but still no matter what I do it goes wrong. And that's whether her morale/energy are high or low. Bad days at work, bad conversations with Aaron, I try to read to him and he gets a headache, I go to the park and boys player soccer disturb me. All of this and that darned ex-gf is there being all phony and ARGHHH!!!

Okay, I'm just deeply frustrated now.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

uruhasthigh wrote:Not to mention, the CD does not help sleep for me at all. In fact, it seems to make it worse. I have been playing this game for hours and now I'm just depressed. And it's really not because I'm not a bright person, I have played many video games and many dating sims, but this is the only one I just cannot seem to succeed at no matter what I do. It's a shame because it's such a lovely game, but the backstory is so depressing that you want so much to succeed and when you end up with the alone ending you just want to cry and smash something!
The CD doesn't make you sleep, is the infusion that helps you sleep. The classical music CD helps you write better.
uruhasthigh wrote: I think that you need to put a more in depth walkthrough. Each time you get a question there are only two choices and I really feel like I've chosen them both numerous times and have figured out what the bad ones are. I only pick the good ones, but still no matter what I do it goes wrong. And that's whether her morale/energy are high or low. Bad days at work, bad conversations with Aaron, I try to read to him and he gets a headache, I go to the park and boys player soccer disturb me. All of this and that darned ex-gf is there being all phony and ARGHHH!!!

Okay, I'm just deeply frustrated now.
Haha are you playing at normal difficulty mode? and do you have the latest version which is easier? when you finish you get a boost to stats on the next play, this way I think is really simple...
For Aaron, all you have to do is what I wrote: after you work, on monday/friday get the free books, then go read him the books. The fact is that if you pick all the right dialog choices as you said, you already get to 60-70 relationship minimum, so all you have to do is raise 30 points.
I just replayed it quickly now, not even following my tutorial very close. Basically: work - borrow/buy books - read them to aaron - trigger the scenes (akinara plushie, library, etc) - pick right choices, and by the 5h July (so 2 months before the game ends) I was already at relationship 40! Now if you mean the special ending that requires 99 Romance, ok that one might be harder, but the "normal" ending...no ! I know people that can reach it 2-3 weeks before the game ends :o

Anyway, I should shut up since I find most games too hard too! So, on the next update, which will also make the game compatible with DirectX, will introduce a new difficulty (Easy Mode) that will be really easy. It should be done by end of month 8)