possibility of a sleep/skip day option?

Otome dating sim with life simulation gameplay: http://www.winterwolves.com/rememberme.htm
Orusaka
Young scout

Re: possibility of a sleep/skip day option?

Post by Orusaka »

Well, I wouldn't necessarily recommend that, no. The thing is that this mechanism along with the randomness (which isn't really random, but very complicated math) serve a very important function in a game like this that stretches over 3 years.

The most important function is to keep the player from playing the game in a way that will ensure they cannot win. If doing one action lowers some stats, there would be less people doing the same action constantly, which would fail to raise the combination of stats needed to win. Another thing it does, although rather minor, is keeping the required stats from being ridiculous numbers.

As I've touched on before, though, the 3 year High School games and the part-time work over the summer games are really very different genres. A lot of the things you see in the game won't necessarily work too well in a game like Remember Me.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: possibility of a sleep/skip day option?

Post by jack1974 »

Orusaka wrote:Well, I wouldn't necessarily recommend that, no. The thing is that this mechanism along with the randomness (which isn't really random, but very complicated math) serve a very important function in a game like this that stretches over 3 years.
Ahhh WOW!! 3 years :lol: I just played it for 20-30 minutes (then I wasted whole day to reinstall Vista... but that's another story) and didn't know that was so long. Then I think it makes sense, yes :) And I agree, they're completely different games. When you have such big timespan to cover, you need to use different gameplay rules.