tips / walkthrough

Dating / farming sim with scheduler: http://www.winterwolves.com/theflowershop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: tips / walkthrough

Post by jack1974 »

The endings are with each girl:
Steve and Jill
Steve and Susana
Steve and Marian
Steve and Clara
each ending has a slight variation depending how much money you raise with the farming sim (if you reach $1000 or not).
pysali
Young scout

Post by pysali »

So I just purchased both Fairbrook games. I had no problems getting the endings (following the guide) for Winter, but I'm unable to get any endings, but alone for Summer. I even followed the guide and I cannot get any of the endings.

To the point where I had given the flowers to Susana (with maxed relationships Very Good) had 100 Culture, 100 Romance, $1900 from gardening and 30s for Coolness and Determination and I didn't get any special romance scenes with her. Another run through was flowers to Jill (maxed relationship) 100 Determination 90 Coolness 50s Romance/Culture $1200 for the gardening and got nothing. Just a generic scene back in LA with the father at the end and some Zinnia's from Susana.

There's also no gallery and I could only register by installing the FullFS download. It wouldn't let me register from the demo I downloaded off the site, it'd just keep sending me back to the purchase page.

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I simply can't get any of the endings for Summer in Fairbrook and it's getting frustrating.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah, I need to update the oldest game (Summer In Fairbrook) with the new registration system and also make it easier, it was way too difficult. I am waiting next month because a new improved version of Ren'Py (the tool I use to make the games) will be out. Once it's out, try again and I think you'll find the game much easier!
Korval
Young scout

Post by Korval »

General comment on this genre of games...

The player should always have the *choice* of taking the final step in the romance...

I was aiming for Marion, but as I was getting my romance up I ended up smooching Suzzana...

I've managed to get the Jill ending, Suzzana ending, and alone ending...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha well in theory if you don't answer correctly during the romance dialogues, you somehow make your choice :wink: by the way you know that with the mousewheel you can "rollback" in the story, right? (is a Ren'Py feature but I didn't document it in every game). Is useful to see which answers are right/wrong so you can pick the one you want.
Trevanman
Young scout

Post by Trevanman »

Click on spoiler to see the 9 endings...
Spoiler:
Four girls, each of them have 2 different endings. And then you have the "Single" ending, where you go home and get flowers at the end of your holiday.
Susana: more than 1000 bucks = stay in Fairbrook (keep the farm) you grow crops, Susana uses them to make food (she starts selling food and flowers from her shop)
Susana: less than 1000 bucks = stay in Fairbrook, work for Susana. (uncle had to sell the farm)
Clara: more than 1000 bucks = stay in Fairbrook (keep the farm) Clara goes to college (or something like that) and comes visit you every weekend.
Clara: less than 1000 bucks = go back to LA with Clara (so yeah, go back to school) and spend your days at school with Clara and Jill.
Jill: more than 1000 bucks = stay in Fairbrook (keep the farm) you run a "pick your own" farm, where people can pick their own produce in (exchange for money) Jill comes and visits you every weekend.
Jill: less than 1000 bucks = go back to school, hope you can one day propose to Jill under s the tree where you first met and broke up.
Marian: more than 1000 bucks = stay in Fairbrook (keep the farm) Michael (Steve's dad) donates money to the library, you spend your days with Marian in the library, she publishes a book of poetry.
Marian: less than 1000 bucks = same as above, except you lose the farm and you work in the library.
The ninth ending would be where you end up with none of the girls, I guess... I don't really want to make a 1000 bucks and then go home and receive flowers and being like 'Yeah, that's so Susana...'
But seriously, once you found one of your endings, you'll never go back to the single-flower ending....

If doing something 3 times a week doesn't work, try doing it 4 times a week, you need to rest too, so put a few days off for resting...
Trevanman
Young scout

Post by Trevanman »

Just checked it...
I had 1700-1800 bucks, no romance whatsoever aaaaaaaaaaand......

I ended up alone, at home, receiving zinnias from Susana... (So Sam lost the farmland, but was allowed to keep the house)